cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre slow upload speed

lolapop

Unlimited Fibre slow upload speed

We have recently taken out unlimited fibre and are getting really bad upload speeds. Typically we are getting 0.4mps. This seems to be worse than the standard broadband we had before.

I have enclosed a screen shot of a speed test. This was done with a wired connection not over wifi and no other devices were accessing the internet.

5 REPLIES 5
lolapop

Re: Unlimited Fibre slow upload speed

I have tried calling Plusnet about this, I was on hold for 45 mins then gave up.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @lolapop and apologies for the delayed response.,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your upload speed.

I've tested your line this evening and I've been unable to find any cause for this.

Due to how far you are from the cabinet your estimated upload speeds are between 0.5 and 1Mbps

I'd recommend raising a fault here so we can look into this for you to see if anything can be done

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lolapop

Thanks. I have raised a fault and will see what happens.

lolapop

I raised a fault on Sunday and have still not heard anything. It says someone will be in touch but not had a call or an email. I have tried calling again today and been on hold for 45 mins again.

Upload speed is still really bad.

Not sure what else to do.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey there @lolpop, thanks for getting back in touch with us. 

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with your connection speeds and I apologise for the frustration caused. I've provided a more detailed response for you here. A copy of that ticket has also been sent across to the email address registered with us just incase you have any trouble accessing your online account. 

Thanks.