cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre issues

dianavs

Unlimited Fibre issues

Our new router has arrived (we've upgraded recently to Unlimited Fibre), and we've set it up. It appears to be working, as the blue light is always on, but I can't seem to be able to connect my phone to the wifi. I've managed to connect my laptop to it, but the only site I'm able to access is YouTube, everything else is blocked. Has anyone else had this issue? How did you sort it out? Any advice would be much appreciated, as this is kind of urgent (I work from home a lot of times!)

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Unlimited Fibre issues

Sounds like you have two issues.

Point a web browser to 192.168.1.254 and log into the hub.

Navigate to Settings -> Broadband menu.

What username is displayed?

Regarding your phone wifi issue, would it be an iphone by any chance?

Try separating the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi by renaming the 5GHz wireless SSID as shown below:

Adv.Setting-Wireless-5GHz.jpg

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
dianavs

Hi, the username is setup@plusdsl.net.
Re phone - Yes, it's an iphone. I'm trying what you suggested now
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Your new hub has failed to retrieve your plusnet username.  ie. Plusnet has not linked the new hub to your account.  You could telephone them to resolve the issue.

Alternatively, as you are an existing Plusnet customer, you should be able to work around the problem as follows.

Replace setup@plusdsl.net with your existing username (remember to append 'plusdsl.net') and password.

Press the Disconnect button before you start editing, otherwise the hub will not save changes and revert back to setup@plusdsl.net.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-