cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre installation date changed

elvirajose

Unlimited Fibre installation date changed

Hello,

We got 38MB Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Broadband & Phone Line deal last week and we had arranged an engineer for installing the 16/10/2017. A few hours ago we posted here a problem with the installation charge (the previous line was suspended and the charge has been cancelled).

Now we have received an email confirming that our suspended line just need to be activated, and this will happen the 20/10/2017.

My question is:

-If the installation was appointed for the 16th, why has the set up date been moved to the 20th, when the activation is a much quicker process, and it is supposed to be done within 48 hours, according to your terms and conditions section?

Kind Regards,

Jose Cano.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Unlimited Fibre installation date changed

Hi Jose,

It looks like the delay has occurred because we didn't place the order with Openreach on the day you signed up. I've placed it myself very recently. Many apologies for any inconvenience caused.

No engineer appointment is required to your property, however an engineer will need to go out to the exchange to reactivate the line to BT equipment, and install the fibre service at the cabinet.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
elvirajose

Hello,

Can I ask the reason why the order was not placed the day we signed up?

Kind Regards,

Jose Cano

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Our automated system basically failed to place the orders.

24 hours later it raised this ticket on your account for our support team to work. We picked it up the same day, responded to the ticket and we were waiting for you to get back to us with regards to how you'd like to proceed.

Admittedly, the adviser should've just gone ahead with the best option like I've done.

We'll make sure feedback is passed on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet