cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre extra

matphoto
Grafter

Unlimited Fibre extra

Hi I am on Unlimited Fibre extra my downloadspeed is ok but my upload speed is well down to my profile. Can this be looked into please.

BT Test.png

16 REPLIES 16
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Unlimited Fibre extra

I'm just running a few tests on your line.

[edit]

I can see your upstream is syncing at 8.2mbps so I'd recommend raising a fault at https://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
matphoto
Grafter

Hi Matt, I have just raised a ticket #128555419.   Thanks

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hey there. I've taken a quick look at your fault ticket. The connection is quite intermittent, possibly causing your slow upload speeds.

Is your router in your test socket? If it isn't it's worth trying that so that our faults team will be able to better diagnose the fault once they pick up your ticket Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
matphoto
Grafter

Hello Anoush, I do not have a test socket it is in the openreach mk2 socket that they installed quiet a while ago. that is wired directly into the incoming socket that does not have a test socket in it. This wiring was done by openreach. BTW interleaving was turned on originally, does it need turning off? There is no faciiity to even plug a phone into the incoming socket.

Mat

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

As the connection is intermittent, I wouldn't recommend turning off interleaving as that will probably make things worse. I'll leave it in the hands of our faults team to investigate further for you. They should be in touch within 72 hours. (It's also worth trying another modem/router, if you have one, just to rule out a fault with your equipment)

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Lurch
Rising Star

@matphoto wrote:

I do not have a test socket it is in the openreach mk2 socket that they installed quiet a while ago. that is wired directly into the incoming socket that does not have a test socket in it.

There is a test socket on the mk2 units, 2 in fact. Same procedure as with any master socket pretty much to access it.

@matphoto wrote:

There is no faciiity to even plug a phone into the incoming socket.

That doesn't sound like a standard mk2 socket arrangement .

matphoto
Grafter

I am told you do not have to plug into the test socket as in effect your dsl line is connected to the test socket anyway.

Image 1 Incoming socket

Image 2 Openreach mk2 socket

image1.JPG

Image 2Image 2

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

That is true, @matphoto however the DSL is still connected to the bottom faceplate. It may be worth disconnecting the faceplate and see if things improve. I'd also suggest adding these details to your open fault ticket so they'll be aware that you're using this type of socket once they pick up the ticket.

matphoto
Grafter

As the router now seems to be stable since just after midnight I am loathe to unlpug it and have another re-synch showing on the line.

BMQ Monitor.jpg

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

That's fair enough, however this check plus trying a different modem/router, if you can, are designed to help rule out a possible charge should an engineer be arranged and find the fault to lie with your equipment.

We could see what our faults team find out once they investigate it themselves, though.

matphoto
Grafter

Thanks as I said I am loathe to cause another re-synch. I think we will leave it to see what the team says first.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You can log in to the router and tell it to disconnect, this won't show as a resync to the DLM equipment.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Adding to this, removing the bottom half of your faceplate *shouldn't* disconnect the modem anyway.

matphoto
Grafter

Tried the supplied  Plusnet router and this is the result

So going with my own router again
plusnetrouter.jpg