Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Upload Speed

FIXED
camerongray1515
Dabbler

Unlimited Fibre Upload Speed

I'm currently on the 40/2 profile through the Unlimited Fibre plan - Signed up last year and was unable to get anything with a higher upload speed due to my line.  However, it now appears that I can order the 55/10 profile which is very interesting as the upload speed is very important to me.  However, when I go to the change product area of the member center it says "6Mb - 8Mb upload speed (estimated)" next to both "Unlimited Fibre Extra" and "Unlimited Fibre" which I am currently on.

Does this mean that Unlimited Fibre is now available with ~10mbps upload, if so, how can I go about getting my connection upgraded to get that upload speed? The download speed doesn't bother me so I'd rather avoid having to go up to Unlimited Fibre Extra if my current plan can get the higher upload!

7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Unlimited Fibre Upload Speed

55/10 isn't available for order via Plusnet

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@camerongray1515 wrote:

However, it now appears that I can order the 55/10 profile

I'm sorry to say that is unfortunately not the case.

We previously offered 40/20 on Unlimited fibre, however we have recently changed customer who were on this package to 55/10, however we are not offering this configuration on new signups/new contracts.

We currently only offer Unlimited Fibre (up to 40/2) and Unlimited Fibre Extra (up to 80/20).

Apologies that this isn't the response you're hoping for.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
camerongray1515
Dabbler

Capture.PNG

This is what I'm getting when I go to change my product - Basically I'm looking to get a higher upload speed (the 2mbps currently is extremely annoying for my uses and would ultimately push me away from Plusnet when my contract runs out).  For both my current plan and the "Unlimited Fibre Extra" plan it is saying I would get 6-8mbps upload - I'm just wondering if it's possible to get my current plan upgraded to this upload speed or do I have to upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra?

camerongray1515
Dabbler

Ahh, so it's just a mistake with the upgrade checker?  No worries, I'll just switch it to Unlimited Fibre Extra - £5/mo will hardly break the bank!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Unfortunately it does seem something isn't right there. Thanks for the screenshot though, I've flagged that up with the relevant people.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
camerongray1515
Dabbler

Just put through an upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra and got this rather cryptic message appear in my account, am I out of luck?  Not quite sure why it's talking about ADSL!

Capture.PNG

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I noticed that a few minutes ago actually, as I was passing your account details on regarding the incorrect estimate being shown for Unlimited Fibre.

Leave it with me and I'll make sure it's all as it should be.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet