cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Speed/Reliability Issues

djo608

Unlimited Fibre Speed/Reliability Issues

I switched to Plusnet around 2 months ago and seem to be really struggling with the connection speed and its reliability. Sometimes the connection will be quick, but often the speed I am getting is nothing like the 30mbps I was guaranteed (see attachments). Around twice an hour the connection will also drop out completely. This is proving problematic with working from home at the moment. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Unlimited Fibre Speed/Reliability Issues

Hi @djo608,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the late response here. I'm sorry to hear of the connection issue and appreciate the frustration this may be causing you.

I've run a full intrusive diagnostic test on your broadband and your router is receiving the maximum 40.0 Mbps downstream speed for your product, and the maximum 20.0 Mbps upstream. There does not appear to be any fault.

If the problem is relating to speed, together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, if you feel there is a Speed Fault please raise this online at faults.plus.net.

If you're experiencing drops in Wi-Fi connection, in the first instance I would suggest you ensure all relevant devices (PCs, laptops, TVs and games consoles) are connected by Ethernet cable to reduce avoidable load on your Wi-Fi. Please can you then carry out some troubleshooting and connect your router to the test socket using a new ADSL microfilter between the router and socket to see if this resolves the issue.

You can also find some Wi-Fi tips here.

Thanks - Tahir