Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra

FIXED
domejunky
Dabbler

Unlimited Fibre Extra

Just upgraded to Unlimited Fibre Extra - no speed up showing. Getting 36Mbps down. I have a dual socket wall connector, and connected via ethernet

9 REPLIES 9
domejunky
Dabbler

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra

Should add, I was on vanilla Fibre prior

BT speedtest:

SpeedTest-019-10-05_13-42-03.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @domejunky I'm sorry to see you're not seeing higher speeds following your product change to fibre extra. Unfortunately our system didn't place the upgrade order with our suppliers at the time of processing this.

I've placed the order now and it'll go through tomorrow. Let us know how your speeds look from tomorrow evening.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
domejunky
Dabbler

Will do, thanks for having a look...

domejunky
Dabbler

@Gandalf No change this end. Rebooted modem around 5:30. BT Speedtest still showing the same as yesterday

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@domejunky Unfortunately the order committed to a completion date of 08/10/19 instead of today. These type of orders are normally next working day but occasionally this can happen if they're placed on a weekend Sad Just one more day to go I'm afraid. Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
domejunky
Dabbler

Upgrade kicked in this morning, thanks for your efforts @Gandalf.

I didn't, and haven't restarted the fibre box. Is there anything to be gained? Not quite full speed yet, but I assume profiling is occurring at the moment.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@domejunky That's good to see Thumbs_Up no problem. Shouldn't need to reboot your modem/router, let us know how your speeds look in a couple of days once things have settled in.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ALancashireLad
Hooked

I've been a PlusNet customer for longer than I care to remember with no issues That was until I upgraded to fibre extra and almost immediately my speeds dropped from 36Mps to 24Mps tried several modems and router modems and still the same Had BT engineer out could not find anything wrong in fact speed went back up while he was testing but dropped again soon after he left. I found the only solution was to switch to VM. And now we have another problem PlusNet want to charge me a early disconnection fee which to be honest its a price worth paying I cancelled back in August and I'm still waiting for my final bill in fact I've not been billed since I upgraded to Fibre extra

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post @ALancashireLad.

I'm sorry to hear of this issue.

I've checked into the account and can see that it's currently affected by an ongoing issue, whereby your product change (prior to cancellation) is stuck in our system meaning that we cannot generate the final bill as yet.

Our back office teams are working hard to resolve the issue but at the moment I'm not able to provide an ETA. Rest assured that you'll be notified directly as soon as the issue is resolved.