cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra

paul747

Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hi, i upgraded to unlimited fibre extra and it seems the speed isn't that good. We have fibre up to the cabinet in our village. Whatching Netflix this morning the buffering was horrendous so i have done a speed check. Depending on which speed checker you use the difference is quite amazing, but none of them came anywhere close to the guarantee minimum of 51 mb/s. Not only that i never had a problem like this before, only when you had a another computer on the go would it cause an issue, and that was rare. When i upgraded should i have got a new router because i'm still on the old one.

Regards 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.
1 REPLY 1
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hi @paul747, thanks for getting in touch, I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your speed. I have tested your line and we are seeing you in sync at 80mb.

The router you're using is the most up to date one we have, can you please advised if the speed tests you're running are over a wired connection or wireless? Can you connect a device to the router via Ethernet (if you haven't already) and if the speeds are still the same, I'd advise having a run through our troubleshooting here.

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team