cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra

emeritus

Unlimited Fibre Extra

Good Afternoon, following a transfer from "standard" PN broadband to Unlimited Fibre Extra, I am, at last, able to login to the service. I have a Plusnet Hub 1 which does connect at round about 27 Mb/s and would imagine that waiting for around 10 days will eventually bring the expected data transfer rate.  The WiFi is not at all to my satisfaction and I would prefer to have my Asus DSL AC68U back in operation.  I disconnected the PN Router prior to starting up the Asus which worked really well pre fibre.  Whilst the DSL light is permanently on and the Internet Connected lamps are illuminated, the data transfer rate is below 1Mb/s down, yet 9Mb/s Up.  I permitted the router to set itself up automatically and then used details from older PN posts to set up manually in the hope of improvement.  The router is on the latest firmware.  Is there anything else that I need to do to bring the download speed up to an acceptable [paid for] data transfer rate.  Thanks for reading my post and hopefully someone will be able to offer helpful advice.  Regards.

Maurice.

3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hello there,

The broadband test I've run has indicated a speed below your estimate:

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 29.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.6 Mbps

And, it's indicating a possible line fault still:

Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue

Testing your line it appears the line fault is still in hand with Openreach. We've been asked to check for an update on the 19th. I've raised your fault ticket on your account back to our faults team to monitor.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
emeritus

Thank you very much for the update, most welcome.  I look forward to the fix.  Your results mirror my own on the Hub 1 which was returned to service in order to watch a film on NowTV this afternoon.  I will keep the hub online until the issue is resolved after which I will try my Asus router again.  Regards.

Maurice.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just checked back on the fault and I can see one of my colleagues has spoken to our suppliers, we've been advised there is additional work needed that's due for tomorrow. Apologies this hasn't yet been fixed.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.