cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra upload incorrect

keybaud
Dabbler

Unlimited Fibre Extra upload incorrect

Last year I had Unlimited Fibre Extra, but only ever got 37MB download and 7MB upload, so when I renewed 3 months ago I opted for Unlimited Fibre instead; however, I didn't know that the Upload for Unlimited Fibre had been reduced from 10MB cap to 2MB cap. This became apparent shortly after my renewal, so i contacted support and paid to upgrade back to Unlimited Fibre Extra.

My kids have returned for the holidays and I've just noticed that my upload is still capped at 2MB. I spoke to someone on Live Chat on Monday, but ECO was down so a question was raised to support to increase my Upload to 10MB. The Question ID is 139871384. Four days later I've still heard nothing.

I also want to know if my Download has been capped, as my new Netgear D7800 Router stats are 39.99MB Download and 2MB upload, which looks an awful lot like the Unlimited Fibre service. I have been paying for Unlimited Fibre Extra for over a year and the BT website implies that I should be able to receive 51MB Download.

Not only do I want my Upload uncapping, I also want to know if my Upload has been capped at Unlimited Fibre rates for over a year, whilst charging me for Unlimited Fibre Extra rates.

Finally, as I have not been receiving the service I have been paying for, am I entitled to cancel without incurring the early cancellation charges?

11 REPLIES 11
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra upload incorrect

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear you're upload speed is capped. I can see my colleague on Friday has picked up your ticket and has placed a order to modify the service.

This should complete tomorrow.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
keybaud
Dabbler

According to my router, the connection is now 55.97 Download and 7.55 Upload, but Speedtest now shows that my Download has reduced to 30MB and my Upload is still 1.7MB. Your colleague stated 'I have already modified your account as as soon as the BT modify completes, your speeds will improve to the correct levels'. What is going on?

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5892859092

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Testing your broadband,

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 56.1 Mbps
Upstream Speed 7.5 Mbps

Have you tried rebooting your router, and are you connecting wirelessly or wired?

Scratch that. The service is banded:

Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-2M Upstream, Error Protection Off

I'd recommend raising this as a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net as we would need to arrange an engineer appointment to reset the line.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
keybaud
Dabbler

Thanks for your help. I've raised a fault ticket at the link provided.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem, I'll see if I can pick up the ticket myself later this afternoon.

Thanks for your patience @keybaud I'm on tickets so I've updated your fault ticket for you.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just seen your update on the fault ticket @keybaud

Engineer's all booked in for 22nd December in the afternoon which is the earliest I was offered.

keybaud
Dabbler

I wasn't in when the engineer arrived, so the kids let him in and showed him where the master socket and router were. He was here for 30 minutes before he told them everything was working correctly. The router statistics now show the connection as 57/8, but the http://speedtest.btwholesale.com result is still 30/1.7 so the banding hasn't been reset.

I changed the router username to speedtest@speedtest_domain and re-connected, but I got no response from the tap3 Test Configuration URL or the standard speedtest URL, so I couldn't do the follow-on tests.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'll run some tests for you tomorrow once I'm back in the office.

keybaud
Dabbler

Thanks for all your efforts.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No probs.

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 50.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 7.2 Mbps

Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

From the results above, it looks like the engineer did reset your line. Can you try rebooting your router? Also, are you connecting wirelessly or wired?

keybaud
Dabbler

The PC connection to the router is wired. To make things even worse, I now can't connect to anything, yet my link is at 50/7. I can ping URLs, so DNS is working. I was surprised to find that plusnet.co.uk is behind a 10... address though!

I am using my phone to post this.