cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra speed is atrocious

RJ1000
Dabbler

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra speed is atrocious

Still atrocious speeds. I think it has to be poor data sharing with other customers during busy periods. I guess you get what you pay for. There is no tangible difference between Unlimited Fibre and Unlimited fibre extra - apart from the speedtests. How do I downgrade?

RJ1000
Dabbler

Horrid speeds at the worst times.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

If you’ve raised a fault ticket at faults.plus.net you’ll be able to track the progress through your account online. I suspect the bank holiday won’t be helping the speed of that getting picked up though 

To downgrade you’d need to call 0800 013 2632. To chase up the progress of the fault try messaging @plusnethelp on Twitter 

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@RJ1000 wrote:

I find disconnecting and reconnecting helps because it puts me back to the top of the access list again with a fresh connection.

On FTTC, never a good idea to disconnect and reconnect too many times. DLM will kick in thinking there is a fault on the line. And you might find your speeds start going lower and lower. Looking at the first screen shot, I see it says Max observed download speed 69.68Mb. Depending on how far you are from the cabinet that might well be reasonable.

But to get down to the levels you show, could be a line fault (intermittent), router fault or even a cabinet fault. Maybe your exchange has problems. Have you tried another test site e.g Ookla, Thinkbroadband?

Changing to another supplier won't necessarily help matters as they tend to use the same equipment to your premises. If you were to move ISP, get the problem sorted first. And there is a big difference between Fibre and Fibre Extra. One is 40/10 and the other 80/20. As your line is capable of running above 40Mb/s (if things were normal) you'd be missing out on the extra speed. Hopefully PN will be able to shed some light on your sorry tale of woe.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?