cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra speed 32mbs only

littlebee
Hooked

Unlimited Fibre Extra speed 32mbs only

I am a new customer to plusnet at 7 days ago, my Unlimited Fibre Extra Download speed is 32mbs only and not Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 46.3Mbps. Please help!

10 REPLIES 10
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra speed 32mbs only

Hi @littlebee,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your connection. I've raised a ticket on your account with a further response, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
littlebee
Hooked

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply!

My Unlimited Fibre Extra speed still is around 28-32mbs only, still NO change!

Modify Order Ref: 4-813544688636

Please help!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@littlebee,

The modify order's completed but the profile seems stuck still on 40/10 within BT Wholesale's systems so we've sent it off to be reset and will update you once it's been updated - it might take 24 - 48 hours for them to rectify that.

littlebee
Hooked

Hi, received a email said my download speed is Current line speed: 78Mb, but I checked in this morning the download speed is go down to 10mb only. 

25/10/19 10:50am25/10/19 10:50am

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @littlebee 

I'm sorry to see your speeds are still slow. I'd firstly recommend ignoring the email you've received about your speeds being 78mbps. It looks like the profile on your account hadn't automatically updated to reflect the current line speed.

Our tests are showing your line speed at around 38mbps which are below where we'd expect and there are also a large amount of errors on the line which would be contributing to the even slower speeds you're seeing. 

I've reported a fault to our suppliers and they're investigating although it may be likely we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further so I think it's worth trying the troubleshooting steps Here connecting your router into the master/test telephone socket if you've not already.

We'll let you know when we've got an update from our suppliers which would likely be next week due to the weekend.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @littlebee,

I've updated the ticket on the account. If you can take a look and reply with some availability for an engineer we'll get that all arranged for you. 

littlebee
Hooked

BT engineer came this morning and he said the phone line is fixed, my broadband speed is 55mbs.

I checked 2 different wedsite and I don't think so. My broadband speed still no increasing, it is still is around 27-32mbs only.

Please advice! thanks

2019-10-31 13.26.55.jpg2019-10-31 13.28.16.jpg

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @littlebee,

I'm sorry to see that you're still experiencing poor speeds. I've attempted to test your line from here but, unfortunately, it's bringing up an error message at the moment. Just to confirm, where these tests done over a wired connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
littlebee
Hooked

Yes, It is!

2 Speed test result from my main desktop and it is tested over a wired connection(not wifi).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @littlebee 

Our tests are showing your router getting a sync speed of 53mbps which firstly is still below the expectations of your line at between 56mbps to 76mbps, and aren't showing any causes of you only getting around 30mbps.

I've made a change to a profile on your account although I don't expect this to actually do anything due to the way your service routes across our network. Hopefully you'll see improved speeds after about 5 minutes, although either way I think we'd better arrange another engineer to get the sync speed looked at again. 

Could you reply to your ticket 195408816 with further availability posting back once you've done so?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet