cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra – no speed increase…

george356
Hooked

Unlimited Fibre Extra – no speed increase…

Hi, I recently received an email, followed by a cheque for a refund on money paid for the above service which I was paying for but not receiving.

The email said that my service was upgraded to Fibre Extra but I see no speed increase on the original Unlimited Fibre.

I've done a router reset and my download speed remains at around 30mbs

Can you help?

George

23 REPLIES 23
george356
Hooked

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra – no speed increase…

Edit to add - from DSL checker

Screenshot_2019-04-04 BT Broadband.png

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @george356 and welcome to the Community Forums.
I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues. upon looking int your account and your conenction it seems the profile for your connection is set to 35.0Mbps which explains the 30Mbps or so you're seeing your side. Previously we would have had to arrange a engineer to come out to progress the unbanding of the service however we have recently started a trial where we can request this change with our suppliers to get it done remotely. I have progressed this request with the relevent team and the usually time taken for this to be actioned is 24-48 hours. I'd advise then to monitor the speeds your side and either overnight tonight or tomorrow night we should see the change pushed through and the speeds increase within the estimates. By all means if you're still seeing banded speeds come Saturday morning please do let us know and we'll happily chase this up for you.

george356
Hooked

Thanks for the prompt reply, BD, I'll do as you suggest and monitor speeds over the next few days.

Thanks again

George

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

You're very welcome @george356. By all means let us know how it goes and if there's anything we can help you with in the meantime.

george356
Hooked

As advised, I am monitoring Broadband speed but notice no difference.

Can you advise please Ben?

Regards

George

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @george356,

I'm sorry that your speed hasn't improved yet. I've tested your line and it's showing that it's still banded to to 35mbps. I've raised this back to our suppliers to check whether it's the case that they've not yet put the reset through yet or if they have put the reset through but it has failed. We'll be in touch once we've received an update on this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Jammib
Hooked

Good morning. I’m also having similar issue with my fibre. Open reach put me on wrong fibre service but was told I’m now on fibre extra however my speeds do not indicate this. Can you help? Thanks
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Jammib, I've tested your line and you're currently in sync at 51mb, can you advise what speeds you are seeing when running a wired speed test?

If it's lower than your estimates I'd advise running through our troubleshooting here, let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Jammib
Hooked

Thanks for your reply @LaurenB.

Yes I have run the speeds tests on the BT wholesale and checked router stats and I’m getting around 50mb but my line could handle this when I was incorrectly on fibre package. I’m apparently now on fibre extra but the speed is no different. Apparently provisioning team put a request which was sent to correct this but it doesn’t seem to have taken place.
george356
Hooked

Hello, as you can see, Monday afternoon and my speed is still around the 30Mbps - can you please expidite

2c98da26-4691-4cba-af6d-a36d6feb0437

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @Jammib, From checking things over I can see that you're syncing at 51MBs which is within your estimates. Are you running those speed tests via a wireless connection?

However I can also see a few drops in connection. It could be that the drops are tricking the line management into lowering your speed in favor of stability.

If you aren't resetting the router yourself at these times, I would highly recommend following the troubleshooting guide @LaurenB previously mentioned.

Should you still have problems, raise a fault here and then let us know when you have done so.

@george356 we've got some feedback from our suppliers and they wish to send an engineer to test the line. Can you confirm if you have completed the following troubleshooting here.

If so, raise a fault here and then let us know. When raising the fault if you could also provide some availability for the booking and we'll see what we can arrange.

Engineers work mon-fri and either morning slots (8am-1pm) or afternoon (1pm-6pm)

Jammib
Hooked

@Optimatts thanks for your reply.

What I believe has happened is my fibre was setup incorrectly by BT Openreach and a request to correct was sent but this hasn’t taken affect. I’m told this was done remotely but my line is still running at slower fibre speed. BT wholesale show my line as being fixed at 50 which suggests it’s not been upgraded to fibre extra. You should see the remote request sent from provisioning team. Thanks
george356
Hooked

Hi Matt

I have performed the tests as laid out in the link you provided - no change in speed.

I have raised a ticket and can be contacted anytime except Thursday mornings or Friday afternoons/

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

@Jammib I've just double checked and I can confirm that the modify has completed and you are on an 80/20 provision. Having tested your line and seeing it's syncing at 51MBs is also an indicator that your not incorrectly provisioned as it would cap at 40MBs.

Your  profile on the supplier side is: Friendly Profile Name : Downstream: 0.128M-80M3dB with Retransmission (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection.

As it's still not performing, give the steps above a go and let us know how you get on.

@george356 Thanks, I've got your ticket and booked an engineer for you for between 8am and 1pm on Wednesday, the 10th of April 2019.

Ive updated the ticket with the booking info too. Let us know if this needs rearranging.