cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra - low speeds and high latency

FIXED
andrzej1968

Unlimited Fibre Extra - low speeds and high latency

Hi, I've upgraded from the regular broadband to the Unlimited fibre extra broadband about 20 days ago, and its been up and connected for the last 11 days. I've been getting speeds of around 20-28 Mbps downstream, 6-8 Mbps upstream, when checking on my Plusnet hub manager accountand using different speed tests, ping ranging from from 15ms to over 40ms and sometimes spiking to over 100ms while playing different games. Also, I have not received an email regarding my minimal guaranteed speed and etc.

Is there anything that any of the of the staff can do to help me or should i still wait longer for my Internet to settle?

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra - low speeds and high latency

Thanks for getting in touch @andrzej1968

I've checked your account and the order to move you onto the Fibre Extra service has completed but it appears that there may be a fault on the line as our tests are showing an "Potential HR Joint detected"

If you can raise a fault here and post back once you've done so we can get this picked up and escalated for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andrzej1968

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry I couldn't post back earlier, I've raised after you replied to my post.
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @andrzej1968

Thank you for raising the fault as requested.

I have tested the line and it still detects the same issue as above. Before we progress the fault to an engineer visit, we need to make sure nothing inside the premises is causing the fault.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of getting an engineer out to investigate further. Let us know how it goes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
andrzej1968

I've connected the hub to both the master socket and the test socket. Downstream increased to 27.4 Mbps on both of the sockets, which is still in the range that I've seen previously. However, upstream increased to 16.05 Mbps while using the master socket, and to 20 Mbps while using the test socket.
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @andrzej1968

If you could please reply back to the following fault ticket here so I can progress it for you.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
andrzej1968

I am incredibly sorry, but I accidentally closed the question when trying to reply to it on my phone in a hurry. Is there anyway of re-opening it or something? Again, I apologise for the inconvenience.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi @andrzej1968

Not to worry, I have gone ahead and opened up a new fault ticket and progressed it for you. You can view my response on here

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team