cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra Speed

Embattle

Unlimited Fibre Extra Speed

I was wondering if it is normal for the current line speed to be 78mb but only get 65mb in assorted speed tests?

5 REPLIES 5
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra Speed

Hello @Embattle A warm welcome to the community forums first of all

The current line speed on your Member Centre (known as the connection profile on our side) should automatically adjust to your sync rate every few days. If your speed is within your estimates then that's nothing to worry about.

If you would like me to run a few tests down your line, please feel free to private message with your Username.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Embattle

Thanks I'll message you the username just to check if possible.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems.

Thank you for your PM @Embattle

The below test results indicate you're getting a pretty high sync rate of 70.5 Mbps and there's essentially no fault detected.

xDSL Status Summary

Circuit Sync Status

: In Sync

Downstream Line Rate

: 70.5

Upstream Line Rate

: 20.0

GEA Details

Bridge Tap

: Not Detected

Radio Frequency Ingress

Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Copper Line Test Result

: Pass

NTE Power Status

: PowerOn

Crosstalk

Your speed estimate indicates a speed of between 60.1 Mbps and 79.1 Mbps which your sync speed is falling towards the top end.

Just for the sake of clarity on the Member Centre, I've manually updated the connection profile to 70000 kbps.

I hope this helps.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Embattle

Thanks for checking.

I thought the messy phone box might be a problem but I guess it passed that test in terms of Copper line test.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems. Smiley

Anything else I can help with, please feel free to let me know.