cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra - Slow speeds

GSX
Dabbler

Unlimited Fibre Extra - Slow speeds

This is my second time posting as my first post regarding this issue got market as spam?Huh

Hi, 

In the last few days I noticed a slow down on my internet speeds, I went to check my speeds with speed test and found that my overall download and upload speed were a lot slower than before.

I have the Unlimited Fibre Extra package and my speeds at the moment are around 10 Mbps download and 4 Mbps upload.

Before my speeds were around 33 Mbps download and 7 Mbps upload.

I've attached some print screens from the speed test, BTW test and dslchecker.bt.com

I've never had any problems before like this, can anyone help me with my problem? I've done everything that I could at my end, so I can't think of anything else.

Thanks in advance for your help

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow speeds on fibre

Hi there, 

I've just been looking at this and can see that the line has become "banded" with a maximum available speed of 20mbs. This appears to have happened due to the connection dropping so we really need to focus on getting that resolved. 

Try following the steps here next https://goo.gl/tu2WWu once those are out of the way you can report a fault over at http://faults.plus.net

Let is know how you get on. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Slow speeds on fibre

Moderator's note:

Two posts by the OP were caught by the Spam Filter. Both have been released. I merged @adamwalker's reply with one that had the attachments and removed the other two.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still