Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra - No faster - Lower than guaranteed minimum speed

sb2
Hooked

Unlimited Fibre Extra - No faster - Lower than guaranteed minimum speed

HI,

I 'upgraded' to fibre extra on the 3rd. My broadband is no faster than before and getting lower than the minimum guaranteed speeds.. ( around 20-25Mbps download )

I opened a support ticket already with no response for nearly 2 weeks

I am using the test socket, cable ( not wifi ) , tested different times of the day.

Went onto the router advanced settings -> connection -> DSL Line Status -> Downstream: 30 Mbps

So surely my connection is being limited to 30mbps but I have no control over changing this..?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra - No faster - Lower than guaranteed minimum speed

@sb2  Welcome to the forum.

What speeds are reported as your range if you put your phone number in here?  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

IIf your guaranteed speed is only about 30Mbps it's debateable whether it is worth paying for the extra service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

sb2
Hooked

@Baldrick1 

plusnet.png

Baldrick1

@sb2 

Whilst your line is running a bit slow to be honest from these estimated speeds there was never any guarantee that the upgrade and extra cost of the Extra product  is ever going to give you a significant speed boost.

It's possible that your line has been bandud but also likely that the DLM was reset when you were upgraded and you will see an improvement in the next week or so. Time will tell.

Moderator and Customer

sb2
Hooked

@Baldrick1 

I have been with plus net for years, first time trying to get help using the technical support ticket system and not getting a reply in nearly 2 weeks is terrible at best.

For the amount I am paying and the speeds I am getting compared to other services available it really is not good enough.

Thank for your time / reply at least.

Baldrick1

@sb2 

In case there is any confusion I am but a fellow customer, not a Plusnet staffer.

In terms of what you are paying, that is a matter for negotiation when you come to renew a contract.

The point I was trying to make is that you can't get extra speed just by paying for the faster package. If your estimated maximum speed exceeds 40 Mbps then Plusnet will flog it to your regardless of whether your actual line will support this higher speed.

Moderator and Customer

sb2
Hooked

@Baldrick1 

yeah I understand that, I just want what I paid for and to at least get the guaranteed minimum speed.. 

If they can not provide that then I will be going else where. For the sake of a few pound extra a month to be able to get more than double the speed I might as well. 

I will leave it a few more days to see if any one from plusnet actually bothers to reply to this or my support ticket.

Baldrick1

@sb2 

You can't leave without incurring penalties woth formally reporting a fault and giving Plusnet time to correct it.

Report a fault by using this link.  https://www.faults.plus.net/

Moderator and Customer

sb2
Hooked

@Baldrick1 

I reported a fault nearly two weeks ago now with no reply at all, that is why I tried to get some sort of response on here.