Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra - IP Profile capped below Minimum Guaranteed Speed

al6000al
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Unlimited Fibre Extra - IP Profile capped below Minimum Guaranteed Speed

As a long-term Unlimited Fibre customer I recently upgraded to Unlimited Fibre Extra (starting 19th June 2020). With Unlimited Fibre I consistently received speeds of around 20Mbps (between 15 and 22 generally). WIth the "Extra" upgrade I am expecting faster speeds at least equal to the Minimum Guaranteed Speed of 39.6Mbps as indicated from the below screenshot from my account.  

Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 23.29.18.png

I didn't see these speeds from the 19th June activation date, receiving the same speeds I had always received (around 20Mbps). I  called customer services on Momday who made some change to the "Current Line Speed" which had previoulsy shown as 24Mbps and now indicates 78Mbps.  

I had hoped that I would see an improved speed following this change but I have seen nothing.  I have done one (single) router reset to allow a possible refresh of settings but so far nothing has altered. 

I have today run a bt wholesale line speed test, including the advanced diagnostic test (result below):  

Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 23.32.14.png

This test clearly states "IP Profile for your line is 24.17Mbps, which is very much in line with the speeds I receive but well below my Minimum Guaranteed Speed.  

To me this suggests that I will never be able to reveive the Minimum Guaranteed Speed becasue my line is being profiled to only provide 24.17Mbps. This looks like the sort of problem which should be possible to resolve remotely in the line set-up/profile - perhaps a DLM reset is required. 

Can someone from Plusnet please get in touch to help me resolve this? I would like to get the speeds I am paying for.  If this is technically impossible then I would expect to only be paying for the speeds I can get. 

Thanks,

Al

2 REPLIES 2
sacha100
Rising Star

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra - IP Profile capped below Minimum Guaranteed Speed

@al6000al Is the line being Capped by PN or is there other possible reasons why the line is under performing. 

al6000al
Dabbler

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra - IP Profile capped below Minimum Guaranteed Speed

I am not aware of any reason why the line should be underperformed. From my perspective I was quite happy with the performance under the Unlimited Fibre package, it has not deteriorated, but having upgraded I expect an improvement.

If I can't actually benefit from the higher speed I would save some money and revert back to the Unlimited Fibre.

Al