cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra - Disappointing speeds

caldersey
Dabbler

Unlimited Fibre Extra - Disappointing speeds

I recently upgraded to unlimited fibre extra and according to PN my estimated line speed is between 63mb - 80mb, so why is my actual line speed so low? I can understand a few mb difference but these are way off!

speed.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra - Disappointing speeds

What speed results do you get when you run the BTW Speedtest (This is the one that Plusnet base any help on)

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do

Just enter your phone number and click on "Run Diagnostic Test"

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
caldersey
Dabbler

spped1.jpg

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@caldersey

Well that proves you are on the 80/20  product (as the upstream is in excess of 2Mbps) but BTW haven't set your download speed correctly. However BTW think that your speed is not 80Mbps which is not right.

If no-one from Plusnet comes along soon, I would suggest phone or Chat to get them to have a look at the downstream limit. 

What estimated speeds did you get before the upgrade?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
caldersey
Dabbler

Just phoned PN and there's a fault on the line, hopefully once fixed speeds should will be as they should be. Thanks for you help.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @caldersey

I'm sorry to hear that you're having speed issues. I've looked into your account and I can see that your fault has been reported through to BT wholesale.

The trouble report has been accepted by Openreach, which indicates that an engineer should investigate within the next couple of working days.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
caldersey
Dabbler

Thanks for the update Anoush Smiley

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem. Feel free to let me know what happens over the next few days.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
caldersey
Dabbler

Hi @Anoush

An engineer came today and made adjustments to the internal wiring and sockets inside the house. This has increased the speed to 56MB (up form 36MB). However, he said there is still a fault on the line outside the house and another engineer would need to be called in to fix it. Hopefully this'll happen within the next few days.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

That's a pretty big jump in speed Thumbs_Up We'll see what the second engineer finds.

I'll check back on things on Monday.
caldersey
Dabbler

After the initial excitement of the speed increase, it's dropped again and now seems to we worse than it was before:speed2.jpg

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Looking into your fault, I can see the engineer had detected a problem underground. The fault is still in hand with our suppliers so I would expect another engineer to investigate over the next couple of days.