Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Contract / Unlimited Fibre Extra upgrade questions

FIXED
cactusj1
Dabbler

Unlimited Fibre Contract / Unlimited Fibre Extra upgrade questions

Hello,

Some background info:
My £17.49 unlimited fibre package was enabled on 2/8/14. I am assuming it was an 18 month contract - although I don't recall. I was on the 40/20 package - and have been moved to the 52/10 package. My upload speed is still at 40 despite my download speed decreasing.

A couple of quick questions:

1) How do I find out the status of my current contract - I have been through the member centre, looked at account details and can't find any specific information (i.e. am I out of contract, do I need to give any notice, etc).

2) On the Change Product page, if I decide to upgrade to the Unlimited Fibre Extra package , does the 18 month period on the contract reset? - i.e. am I tied into another 18 months? - or, does it simply continue on from my earlier package. I hope this makes sense.

3) On the change product page, if going for Fibre Extra, what upload and download speed will I get? It says 80/20 - however, I presume the details on that page are incorrect - since I am still listed as being on the 40/20 package when I am actually on the 50/10 package. So I just wanted to confirm - would I actually be getting 80/20 if I upgraded now?

Thanks for your time.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Unlimited Fibre Contract / Unlimited Fibre Extra upgrade questions

Fix

1) How do I find out the status of my current contract - I have been through the member centre, looked at account details and can't find any specific information (i.e. am I out of contract, do I need to give any notice, etc).

Checking here should show you the remaining early termination fee on your contract: https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary

2) On the Change Product page, if I decide to upgrade to the Unlimited Fibre Extra package , does the 18 month period on the contract reset? - i.e. am I tied into another 18 months? - or, does it simply continue on from my earlier package. I hope this makes sense.

Upgrading shouldn't tie you to a new contract, if it does just let me know. If you don't mind a new contract it's worth talking to our Customer Options Team to see if they can offer you a discount on 0800 013 2632

3) On the change product page, if going for Fibre Extra, what upload and download speed will I get? It says 80/20 - however, I presume the details on that page are incorrect - since I am still listed as being on the 40/20 package when I am actually on the 50/10 package. So I just wanted to confirm - would I actually be getting 80/20 if I upgraded now?

The estimates for your line are showing as:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 70.2 20 20 -- Available -- --

Based on these you should get a minimum of 70Mb/s down.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
cactusj1
Dabbler

Thanks for the swift response.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

might be worth having a read of https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Is-this-a-mistake/m-p/1354217#M42812
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'