cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre -Broken

ClaireAW

Unlimited Fibre -Broken

Hya,

We subscribe to the unlimited fibre package and were getting really decent speeds.  Now we have no dial tone at all on our line and the Line Speed Test says:

High-speed Broadband

Estimated line speed: There's no speed estimate currently held on your account. Current line speed: 7.9 Mb

Something aint right, what can we do?  Tried calling support to be told a 45 min queue time and lines close at 10pm.

Seems to have downgraded itself to non fibre.  Surprised it's working.  Router screenshot attached. 

Claire x

3 REPLIES 3
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Unlimited Fibre -Broken

If there's no dial tone that's obviously a fault so try this, it should report on your behalf.

ClaireAW

Thanks, will need to phone support as the only other option is a "chat now" button which is disabled.  Interestingly, when I now check my Post Code and House Number on the "fibre" rollout, says unavailable....I was the first in my cabinet to go live though, ages ago.

Claire.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Claire.

Testing your line is showing your service to be on fibre still, but there seems to be a potential line fault.

I'll report this to Openreach and I'll send you an e-mail soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet