cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre - 76mb Now 38mb Product? Shady!

xS9
Dabbler

Unlimited Fibre - 76mb Now 38mb Product? Shady!

Hi,
Just been on a call regarding a fault on my line, all good, that's getting sorted, but the CS agent who I spoke to said, well your on the "Unlimited Fibre Product" which is 38mb so once the faults sorted you'll be capped at that anyway..
I thought, that's not right, as back in October 2013 when I ordered my service the "Unlimited Fibre Product" was 76mb/20mb as standard.
Just gone back on ThinkBroadband's offer page and surely enough... see attached.
Maybe a misunderstanding but i'll take this up with CS after my fault has been sorted, but make sure anybody who took out your service before 2014, you haven't been capped.
Cheers
Matt
5 REPLIES 5
cajef
Grafter

Re: Unlimited Fibre - 76mb Now 38mb Product? Shady!

Quote from: xS9
when I ordered my service the "Unlimited Fibre Product" was 76mb/20mb as standard.

Same here, must be a mistake if we are paying for the 80/20 product how they can suddenly put you the lower cost one?. Huh
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Maybe things changed. I know since last year when I got mine put in Unlimited Fibre was 40/20 (capped) and Unlimited Fibre Extra was 80/20. The Unlimited part just referring to no limits to how much data you consume.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Older products with similar names previously had different speeds, perhaps the Plusnet representative in this case is unaware of the previous product.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
deathtrap
Grafter

No nothing has changed if you signed up to the 80/20  product , then unless you have re graded or renewed those contract terms with  different terms and product, then Plusnet  have broken their own contract terms by supplying a lower speed product without you agreeing to that
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The older, now legacy, 80/20 product is called Plusnet Unlimited Fibre - note the inclusion of "Plusnet" in the name. The current 40/20 one is called Unlimited Fibre without Plusnet in the name. The current 80/20 product is Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Subtle differences in the names, but easy to get confused.
David