cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable buffering

patti
Grafter

Unacceptable buffering

I am experiencing a lot of buffering on NowTv/GoogleMovies/Amazon etc., Error saying my 'bandwidth is too low'  Done all the usual tests.. getting to be a real problem even during the day. Can someone please check what's going on? BT wholesale test shows :

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test

Broadband Speed Test Results

Performing Download test...

Download Speed (Mbps): 38.72 

Upload Speed (Mbps) : 0.95 

Ping Latency (ms): 107
8 REPLIES 8
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Unacceptable buffering

I assume you're using a Hub One?

If so, what firmware version is your showing?

You can find this by simply logging into the router and scrolling to the bottom of the page.

As I've just posted elsewhere:

The versions were/are:

4.7.5.1.83.8.226 - doubt anyone is on this anymore

4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 - users are starting to (recently) report dropping wifi

4.7.5.1.83.8.259 - there was an issue for certain Apple devices

4.7.5.1.83.8.263 - this was supposed to fix all, though personally I'm having issues with this one, rather than the .259 one

patti
Grafter

Not a Hub one.. a Plusnet Router.

DS
Seasoned Champion

edit. Ignore last message.

Do you know which type yours is.

(I misread your reply, sorry about that @patti)

patti
Grafter

No problem DS Smiley  Plusnet 2704N

DS
Seasoned Champion

Thanks Smiley

It's been a long time since I used one of those, my M-I-L currently uses one, which ironically I set up!!

I think we're best waiting on either a member of staff (to run checks) or another (better suited) fellow customer using one of those.

In the meantime, is this all the time, or different times of the day, when the message pops up what speed is it showing during this time?

There are some helpful guides here - https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/

More so regarding wifi - https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/

Your router guide can be found here too - https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/

patti
Grafter

It's different times during the day ..  last night trying to watch Google.play movie was almost impossible!  I hope someone can help. Thanks DS for your help so far. Appreciated Smiley 

DS
Seasoned Champion

No problem pattii

There's nothing worse then interrupted viewing.

If at all possible, can you not use ethernet for a while. If the issues 'go away' then it is pointing at a wifi related issue?

These can be troublesome to fix Sad

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Our tests aren't showing any issues with the broadband signal coming into your router. From what I can see your router is in sync at a downstream line speed of 55mbps and an upstream speed of 10mbps.

Are your devices connecting over WiFi or straight to the router using an ethernet cable?

If you're using WiFi, would you be able to try a wired connection? This will help narrow down where the problem lies. If your connection is OK that way, then it's likely the issue lies with the wireless signal and I'd recommend trying the steps here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

If you're still having problems using a wired connection, do you experience the same issues across multiple devices?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet