Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up netgear d7000 router

Andrew_T
Grafter

Unable to set up netgear d7000 router

Hi,
I am using the recommended settings on the website and correct username & password (I think) but the router won’t accept the username and password. Any suggestions. I am trying to swap to this router as the hub one is giving me major post forwarding issues.
18 REPLIES 18
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Unable to set up netgear d7000 router

I assume that you are getting your data from here? https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

If you want to check your password then try logging in to the member centre. It has been known for people to use the wireless or router admin password by mistake, rather than the account password.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Andrew_T
Grafter

Yes I am. My password has special characters in it though and I’ve just read a fixed issue that said the D7000 doesn’t like passwords like this so I will attempt that later today.
Thanks for the reply, I will let you know how it goes! 🤞
RHines
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I couldn't get my D7000 to connect reliably at all so I ended up returning it. I didn't try the beta firmware that's been handed about. Good Luck.
Andrew_T
Grafter

Well the password reset hasn’t worked. I’m out of ideas. Just won’t login. Says username or password incorrect. I know they’re not and the new password no special characters in it. Never had so much hassle getting my B.B. up and running.
Baldrick1

Have you checked that you can log into the Plusnet Member Centre using your new password?

Moderator and Customer

Andrew_T
Grafter

I used the password change utility on the website which sent me an email to change my password. I changed it and everything seem to work okay, the email said that my router would update the password automatically, and counting the dots in the password box there seems to be the correct amount for my new password. However logging on to the Members centre still requires the old password. I have tried both the new and the old password multiple times and the netgear D7000 neither of them work is driving me crackers. The only reason I am trying to change the router is due to the port forwarding being so bad on the hub one. Even after a reset it won’t let me add my services to applications. Says there is a conflict even though I have hard reset and no user created settings exist in the list, only the default settings are in there. I think my firmware is old and @bobpullen is supposed to be sending an update at some point.
Baldrick1

Clearly the password has not been changed.

If you log into the member centre in the account details you can directly change the password. Can't you just change it here then input the new password into your router?  I must admit that I've never tried it.

Moderator and Customer

Andrew_T
Grafter

I might try that way then.TBH spent all weekend trying to get the damn thing working. gonna leave it for a few days now.

Thanks for your help.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Andrew_T,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a problem with your connection. I have refreshed your online portal, and we would advise to change your password again followed by updating your router manually.

Here's a quick guide on how to update the details stored inside your router to allow you to get online again:

1. Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox)

2. Please type 192.168.1.254 into the URL address bar or alternatively click <a href="http://192.168.1.254">here</a>.

3. You should then see the Plusnet Hub One screen; Click 'Advanced Settings' the third option at the top.

4. Enter the Admin password located on the card on the back of your router or on the sticker on the bottom of the hub (this is case sensitive, so please type exactly as it appears).

5. Click 'Continue to Advanced Settings'

6. From the drop-down menu in the advanced settings please select 'Broadband'.

7. In the bottom right hand corner if the button says 'Connect' please do not click this and skip to option 8, if however it says 'Disconnect' then please click the button and wait 30 seconds for the next options to appear.

8. Under the 'Connection Information heading you'll see there is and option for 'Broadband username' and 'Password'; Please configure your router with the following and then click connect:

<b>Broadband username:</b> username@plusdsl.net
<b>Password:</b> Your account password (Used to log into our member centre)

9. After a few minutes the strip light on the front of your hub should go Blue and you should be online.

Please let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Andrew_T
Grafter

Hi, thanks for this. I will attempt it later. would you be able to send the latest software to my hub? I’m really struggling to get an open nat on both of my games consoles.
Andrew_T
Grafter

I mean hub firmware sorry
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi Andrew,

I've taken a look at your account today and your Router should be operating on the latest firmware, so this isn't the cause of the NAT type issues you are experiencing. Speaking as a gamer myself, there are a few different things that can cause NAT type issues, so I would recommend looking online and seeing if any other players are experiencing similar issues to the ones you're experiencing on these games and seeing if the developer knows of any solutions to these issues. A common resolution to these types of issues is Port Forwarding, however I'm afraid we don't offer any support with Port Forwarding ourselves, although it may be worth visiting this site for more information.

Please let us know if you experience any further issues so we can investigate further if needs be.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Andrew_T
Grafter

Thanks for the response. I have been looking for help all weekend and to be honest I’ve just about lost the will. Currently I have my xbox in the DMZ and still have a moderate NAT! Never had this problem with my old isp. I’m regretting the move to be honest.
Andrew_T
Grafter

ok - sooo i got my d7000 working today!

changed password as per your recommendation and tried again. Had four attempts and was about to give up when all of a sudden it connected and started working. No idea why it connected on the 4th attempt but it's working now.

So far so good and got both of my consoles running with open NAT's! That will keep the kids happy. Cheesy

Thanks for your help.