Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect

FIXED
JRT
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Unable to connect

My connection went off shortly after midnight last evening.  I've done all the usual checks, wiring and so on, without success.  I spoke with customer services yesterday about a change to my account, could this be just a nasty coincidence or have I been disconnected for some reason?  I’m currently using my mobile to get on line!  Any help much appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
JRT
Rising Star

Re: Unable to connect

Update:  I've changed the modem to the original PlusNet Hub One.  Lo and behold!  I’m back online!  I wish all faults were this easy to fix, despite having to do a lot of digging into the cupboard under the stairs.  Hopefully that will be it done and the spiders can go back to sleep!

I would appreciate it if someone can tell me what may have happened, re the account?

Also, the firmware in the hub one shows a 2016 date.  Will it automatically update, or does it need a push?

Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there,

I'm sorry to see you've had connection issues, but I'm glad that you've found the cause for the issue and you're back online now. I've had a look into your account and nothing we've done would've effected this.

If replacing your router fixed the issue, it's likely to just be the router which has developed a fault.

Could you PM me the router's serial number and MAC number from the bottom so I can add it to the hardware management system on your account so that it updates to the latest firmware.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JRT
Rising Star

Thanks for coming back to me.. PM with serial no etc will follow shortly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the private message @JRT

Could you factory reset your router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pinhole at the back for 20 seconds?

You should then see your router get new firmware within 48 hours.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JRT
Rising Star

Yes, I’ll do a reset during tomorrow. Just a thought - 20 seconds seems rather a long time to hold for a reset?  Presumably, this will kill all the current settings and I will need to re-establish them?  I will advise just as soon as the firmware has been upgraded.

Many thanks and regards,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@JRT You’d just hold the pin until the light goes green on the front, it’s generally between 10 and 20 seconds as far as I’m aware. 

It will restore all settings to factory defaults so if you’ve made any custom changes you’ll need to make those again. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JRT
Rising Star

The Hub One is reset and all appears to be working properly.  Firmware version is reported as 4.7.5.1.83.8.263  Last updated 21/11/2019.

It did cause some concern last night, just after midnight, when the connection dropped!  It did restore itself after a few minutes, so no real problem.  Looking at the hub logs this morning, it looked like the TR069 service doing its thing as the firmware showed as updated first thing this morning.

It could be that the previous router (Netgear DM200) isn't faulty at all, but I'll let things settle for a while before trying with it again.  That's something for another day.

Many thanks to all folks concerned in this issue,  best regards,

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

No problem at all @JRT

Just let us know if there's anything else you need.

Best wishes

Dave