cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect

Corrn12
Hooked

Unable to connect

For the past few hours other than a couple of 30 second blips of connection I have been unable to use the internet.
Power light has been flashing orange almost constantly, will turn solid orange now and again for the broadband light to flash instead, or both solid orange then back to nothing but a flashing orange power light.
Can't remember the last time I've had any disconnections and has been briefly reconnecting for 30 seconds to a minute a few times during the problem but almost constant downtime.
A family member living on the same street has told me their connection is fine.
Already in master socket, tried test socket within and nothing changed.
Tried to use the broadband fault checker using the troubleshooter link in my account but of course it's down for maintenance and the link on that page to find out when it will be back online takes me to Plusnet service status which states there is nothing wrong anywhere and the last issue with the fault checker is January 2018. https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults
12 REPLIES 12
Corrn12
Hooked

Re: Unable to connect

Persisting all day today as well, same thing.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Does your telephone work? If not you need to report a phone fault and get this fixed first.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems and you were unable to report a fault last night due to maintenance that was carried out. I've had a look at your connection and things definitely don't look good over the past 24 hours:

image1565540106194

I've tested your line and we're seeing a high resistance fault, as you've tried the master/test socket you've ruled out your internal wiring but before we go down the path of reporting the fault/booking an engineer, I think it'd be a good idea to check the router is in good working order as a call out charge may be applied if the issue is due to internal equipment. Do you have another router you can try? If you don't that's fine, just let us know and we'll be happy to send out a replacement.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Corrn12
Hooked

Hi, thanks for your reply and checking the connection/testing the line for me.

I do not have another router to try, only ever had the one sent to me when I joined Plusnet. So sending one to see if that solves the problem would be great.

Thanks again
Corrn12
Hooked

Hi again

Managed to borrow a router but it was your model 2704N which stated it was incompatible with fiber without an openreach router. However I used their adsl filter with my original router and for the last 45 minutes or so it has been connected.
Whether this is the solution or it's another one of the longer blocks of connectivity shown in your image I should have checked this earlier. Will update again later tomorrow and hopefully this simple thing I overlooked was the fix.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hiya @Corrn12 

That's cool no problem, it's good to see your connection up since 23:04 last night bar 1 drop at 02:12. Thumbs_Up

It's not very often a microfilter develops a fault so it's easily overlooked. Having said that we're still detecting a high resistance fault which would likely be causing issues of some sort even though we're not seeing solid drops today.

The Hub Zero/2704N is compatible with fibre by toggling it between standard broadband and fibre in the router settings at 192.168.1.254 but you're right in that you'd need a fibre modem behind it like an Openreach modem.

I've just arranged to send you a replacement Hub One now, let us know once you've got it and we'll retest your line.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Corrn12
Hooked

Connection has been solid again today so internet perfectly usable again.
May have been a good thing the microfilter became faulty in that case as it lead to the discovery of another problem and was easily fixed itself.

Thank you for arranging the router delivery, I have had confirmation it is dispatched and will let you know as soon as it is set up.

Thanks again for all your help so far.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool sounds good and no problem.

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Corrn12
Hooked

New router is set up and connected. Has been fine for a couple of hours so ready to test.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Corrn12,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Glad to hear that routers up and running with no issues so far. Your connection log is showing no drops bar 1 at 12 this afternoon - I'm guessing this may have been when you connected the new router?

I have conducted further testing and its still throwing back a potential joint issue which would need an engineer visit - I've created a ticket for you over the account here. Once you have replied can you give us a nudge here so we can progress the fault.

Thanks.

Corrn12
Hooked

Yes that was when I connected the new router that arrived, good to see no more drops other than that.

I have replied to the ticket you opened as requested.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Corrn12 

I have replied to the ticket on your account. 

Please review it and provide the information requested. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Typos corrected.