cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to websites - timeout

derek268
Dabbler

Unable to connect to websites - timeout

Hi, I have been on fibre for since around 2011 and was on the FTTC trial.
Over the last 2 to 3 weeks or so have had problems connecting to different websites.
It is not always the same websites. When I am on the net, one time it may be one group of sites and on another occasions it might be other sites.
These are websites that I use on more or less daily/weekly basis. The appear to, I assume timeout and then I get a message telling me to check the website
address. they include live.co.uk, plus.net, hsbc and many others. not necessarily at the same time. It is getting rather frustrating.
I believe I read elsewhere in the forum others had similar problem, which I believe was to do with some changes/software/firmware upgrade made by PLUSNET.
But have not managed to find it on forum again. I have not made any changes to my computer, other than usual Microsoft updates.
Grateful you could advise.
Derek
3 REPLIES 3
martb
Hooked

Re: Unable to connect to websites - timeout

Derek,
See the DNS issues thread Should be right on first page. We have been requesting a router update to sort the problem. Hope this helps
derek268
Dabbler

Tks Marib have directed my query there
Derek
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
If you can give the advice Anotherrone mentions here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148555.msg1308984.html#msg1308984
And let us us know via that thread if you have any issues please. I'll be looking out for replies there.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team