cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to new fibre broadband

MrAxel
Dabbler

Unable to connect to new fibre broadband

I've just upgraded from a Plusnet ADSL broadband to fibre. It was supposed to be done yesterday, and according to the closed questions on my account it was completed yesterday evening. I've plugged in the new Plusnet router, but all I'm getting is a flashing orange light, with no other lights on at all and no connection. It's been like that since first thing this morning. Is this normal? The router help pages say it can take up to 24 hours to connect, so should I just give it more time or is there a problem?
Andy.
8 REPLIES 8
MrAxel
Dabbler

Re: Unable to connect to new fibre broadband

No change this morning, so I've raised a fault. Tried another router, but same result - no connection.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Andy. I'm sorry to see you're unable to connect to your new fibre service. 

We'll need to arrange an engineer to investigate this further, could you reply to the fault ticket you've raised with your availability? Feel free to post back once you've responded and we'll be happy to pick this back up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrAxel
Dabbler

Hi. I've just been chatting online with customer service, who told me I need to contact BT to report a fault. Do I need to do that, or can you arrange an engineer if I give you some time slots as requested? Andy.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us Andy

If you're having problems with your phone service you'll need to contact your phone provider to investigate further which would likely be the underlying issue behind the fault with your broadband

However if you're just having issues with your broadband I'd recommend replying to the ticket with your availability for an engineer to visit so we can progress the fault with our suppliers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrAxel
Dabbler

OK. Some times added to the ticket.
Phone is working fine, so it's just the broadband.
Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me Andy

I've booked the engineer appointment for 03/12/2019 between 8am and 1pm.

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrAxel
Dabbler

The engineer has been this morning and found a fault on the line and in the cabinet.

Both now fixed and I am now connected and getting 51Mb download and 18Mb upload.

Thanks.

Andy.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for letting us know, Andy. I'm glad to hear that this is sorted.

I've picked up the downtime credit on your account here.

Best wishes

Dave