Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to achieve guarenteed line speed

FIXED
fernwalf
Fixes: 1

Unable to achieve guarenteed line speed

Hi all,

I'm not really very clear about what guaranteed minimum speed means in practice. But it's clear I no longer get the speed I got a year ago (then about 30Mbits download; 5 Mbits upload).  Here are my details:

Your Broadband Service

Product: Unlimited Fibre
Estimated Download Range: 38 - 40Mbps
Estimated Upload Range: 8 - 10Mbps
Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 30.9Mbps
Current Line Speed (Download): 26Mbps

BT Performance Test

Download Test
Download speed achieved during the test was 25.45 Mbps. For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 20-26.52 Mbps
Your DSL Connection Rate: 0 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM),0 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
For your connection, the maximum achievable download speed is 26.52 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is 26.52 Mbps

Upload Test
Upload speed achieved during the test was 3.42 Mbps
For your connection, the maximum achievable upload speed is 10 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is 10 Mbps

I suspect that Outreach have throttled back the download speed because of too many line errors and dropped connections. The low upload speed doesn't really make sense however.  Any ideas?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
philto
Grafter

Re: Unable to achieve guarenteed line speed

this is my problem should be around 37mbs i am synced at 47345 customer services just fobbed me off i am now at a max of 25786mbs well below my guarantee 2 years ago i was getting 42 mbs may be the cable has got longer or my house has moved on its own feb2021 can not come quick enough i have a draytek router with an LTE connection so the 4 g is quicker than the fibre connection this is helping

philto
Grafter

image0(1).jpeg

a bit more than 25 mbs above is what i am meant to have and no its not running at 37 mbs

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

@fernwalf Sounds like there’s a fault somewhere if you’re experiencing drops and low speeds. 

Try plugging your router into the test socket https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Report a fault at faults.plus.net if you’re still having issues as this will get you into queue for a faults agent to investigate and contact you. 

philto
Grafter

just got an email from their customer services basically saying we dont give a dam soon be feb 2021

fernwalf

Fix

Hi all.  The line speed further deteriorated after this post - started losing synch and disconnecting.  So time to call in a fault to Plusnet. Turns out squirrels have been stripping the line.  New piece of line spliced in by Openreach and we're back in business. Seems to be a common problem... 

pbaker
Dabbler

I'm having the same problem, getting around 37-38mb down and min should be 41 and according to Plus net should be getting around 47mb. I have raised a ticket already and raised on a post on here as no one has responded.