cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access website

Mcgolem

Unable to access website

Hi, I have a fibre broadband router with standard settings.

A couple of weeks ago I started being unable to access a website I have previously used with no problems, using any of my devices through my router. I can access this website as normal using mobile data.

The web hosting site is www.leaguerepublic.com which I can access normally, but if I then try to access any of the individual team websites I get the message ‘access denied’. 

I have tried the obvious clear history etc and I switched my router off overnight to see if it was an IP address issue as previously covered here, but with the same result.

Not sure if it’s a router security issue or not but could do with some pointers.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Unable to access website

Hi @Mcgolem and welcome to the forums!

Please accept my apologies for the issue in accessing parts of this site.

Do you receive any other error information except from access denied? Could you provide links to the exact addresses where you receive access denied, feel free to private message me with them or add them to this thread. 

I haven't seen a disconnection in your service for the past 8 days so I have manually disconnected and reconnected it, it has now been given a different IP address albeit in the same range.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Mcgolem

Hi

i did attach a screen print of the message showing the web address as well.

Just tried it again with the same result.

Jubby
All Star

My apologies @Mcgolem, I overlooked the attachment.

I have raised a task to the relevant team to investigate the issue for us. Once I receive confirmation on the matter being fixed or can take the appropriate action to resolve it, I will be back in touch. In the meantime, could you confirm if you receive this error while not logged in to the website?

Thanks again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
Mcgolem

Hi

There is no requirement to log in to the website.

thanks

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for the update @Mcgolem,

We've passed this information over to @Jubby. who'll ensure it's noted.

If you have any further queries in the meantime, please let us know.

Jubby
All Star

Hello @Mcgolem,

Thank you for your patience and please accept my apologies for the delays in getting back to you.

After raising the matter with the relevant team, they have confirmed that we are not blocking access to this address and you would need to get in touch with League Republic who are potentially blocking the IP address or IP address range.

Thanks again.

Lewis G