cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access some websites

Annefitzy

Unable to access some websites

So having had an email from my tutor i try to log on to student home on the OU website. Keeps timing out.
Tried connecting via phone (sky network) and all fine. Jump back on PC (plusnet) and lo and behold, nothing.
Apparently there is an issue with some sites being accessed (virgin and Plusnet) 
Can anyone tell me if there is a fix?

5 REPLIES 5
Susan_B

Re: Unable to access some websites

I've got exactly the same problem. Everything was working fine (and has been for a few years) then suddenly last night (Tuesday) was unable to access my module website. Like yourself, I used the mobile data on my phone and everything fine but not when using my broadband (multiple devices tried). Don't know whether I should be contacting PlusNet or the OU help desk.

Susan

Susan_B

Just seen this message on the OU status website https://status.open.ac.uk/ 

Active Incident
Tutor/ Student Home Access ProblemsPartial Service Disruption

Incident Status

Partial Service Disruption

Components

Major Incident, External Network, Module websites, StudentHome, TutorHome, Other services

October 13, 2020 7:43PM BST
[Investigating] We are currently experiencing some technical issues which might be impacting access to OU sites Investigation has revealed it is down to specific broadband providers and there are no issues with the OU network. We are aware of issues with Vodafone and Plusnet broadband but mobile networks seem unaffected.
Annefitzy

Problem is, i still cannot get on the website and ended up having to use data as a hotspot.
The issue is with Plusnet and not the OU.
Just wondering how long this will last....and if anyone has had any fixes as yet

Susan_B

Just to let you know that i am now able to access my module site at 21.30 on Wednesday. Have downloaded some stuff to ke je going if i lose access again.

Annefitzy

Just checked, now also able to connect 😁