cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access my website emails with Plusnet

Agentbadger

Unable to access my website emails with Plusnet

Hi All,
Firstly I am a new, not very happy Plusnet customer, I've taken weeks to get the fibre installed and now its here I have problems, I've contacted support by phone and spend hours on hold. Basically I am no longer able to access the emails on my own website. Here are the details:
- I am working on a Macbook Pro
- I have gmail accounts, these continue to work fine. Everything working as usual.
- I have a number of my own websites hosted by Lunarpages, these email accounts are no longer able to link and sync with Mac Mail, nothing going in or out.
- I can view my websites online no problem, but if I try and access the webmail online through my site at the extension www.mysite.com/webmail it tries to log into the lunarpages server and times out, I cannot access.
- other devices such as my iPhone on a 3 contract can still sync with mail from my websites
- my staff based in Vietnam can still access the lunarpages emails.
Is Plusnet blocking ports, I've turned off firewalls etc on the plusnet site for my account.
This is driving me crazy and preventing me working now, so frustrating. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
2 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 165

Re: Unable to access my website emails with Plusnet

If those domains are hosted with lunarpages, then us blocking ports (which we aren't doing anyway) wouldn't make any difference as the connection is going out from your connection, to lunarpages.
Have you contacted them to see if they are aware of any issues?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Agentbadger

Re: Unable to access my website emails with Plusnet

Hi Chris,
I did resolve this, after some more phone calls it did turn out that Lunarpages was blocking the IP address for my Plusnet home account. Once this was removed it seems to be OK.  They did say it was block because of activity they had seen on it. This could relate to my website for which newsletters etc are sent out.
Thank you,