23-10-2016 12:16 PM - edited 23-10-2016 1:05 PM
Edit: Solved by resetting router to factory settings.
I tried to upload a 50 MB file to a website about 4 times, after my connection kept dropping near the end of the upload (a recurring problem by the way). Then finally my router seemed to disconnect. Took about 20 minutes for it to start working again.
After it started working, I tried to upload again to no avail.
Even more worrying though is that google.com doesn't load. Nor do any of the plusnet websites. I'm typing this from the tor browser. Some websites work, such as reddit and bing.
I tried changing my DNS in my connection settings (because the HubOne doesn't provide a way to change DNS settings) to google's public DNS and OpenDNS, neither of which helped.
So I'm wondering what I could possibly do to fix this.
Fixed! Go to the fix.
Re: Unable to access google.com
23-10-2016 1:43 PM - edited 23-10-2016 1:43 PM
also snag dnsbench nice little tool to to see what gives dns wise... my router does sometimes go bad after being up a good while, so yes a re-boot sometimes does work. But If you wish to try figure out why the dns isn't working use the tips above.