cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access any Microsoft sites....

robfowell

Re: No access to ceratain websites (ie. microsoft.com or duckduckgo.com) - Connection timeout

Glad I found this thread as this perfectly mirrors what we have.

Multiple laptops, iPads and phones in our house not able to access anything Microsoft since approx Tuesday lunchtime including email clients Live.com and Outlook.com. Connect via 4G and everything syncs perfectly. I’ve reset the router, switched it off for 30 mins, checked IMAP settings..... everything!

Our IP also starts 213.31 so it all points to a common issue. Will be logging this first thing in the morning and referencing this thread. Thanks all.

Matt11

Re: Unable to access any Microsoft sites....

I am experiencing exactly the same problem as described in this thread, even down to the detail of being cut off from a Teams call at 12:00 on Tuesday! Just checked my IP address and it starts 213.31.

Called Plusnet support on Wednesday and they sent out a replacement router that arrived Thursday but didn’t solve the problem. Called Plusnet support again on Thursday, they escalated to the Faults team. No news since then.
Emsr

We also had this issue which affected all Microsoft sites including Xbox accounts and streaming services from our Samsung tv. Resetting our router from our end did not fix the problem however phoning Plusnet and having them reset everything their end to force an IP address change has resolved the both issues!
BobD
Hooked

Hi after ringing Plusnet support on Sunday to ensure the issue would be fixed by Monday, the support person resolved the issue changing the IP address. All working as should be and can access Microsoft sites! Interestingly he did say tat this should have been resolved by his level of support and should not have been passed to Fault as they would not have been able to resolve it.

albertofrog

I'm experiencing the same issue in the 213.31 address range, since Sunday evening. Thanks for the tips, I'll try resetting to obtain a different IP range, but it looks like this is happening intermittently on various IP ranges.

roverpoulter

I have exactly the same issue here. Sorry already posted on another thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Websites-struggling-to-connect-Is-there-a-fix/m-p/1772....

For me it started on Friday 16/10/20 having worked faultlessly since we went into Lockdown in March.

I was advised by Plusnet support to contact Microsoft as 'there must be a problem their end'!

+1 for a fix otherwise I'll be moving provider.

albertofrog

Resolved for me (for now) by leaving the router off for an hour and luckily being assigned a new IP address in a different range.

Don't think it's Plusnet DNS causing the issue since I am using Google DNS instead. It could be that Microsoft cloud services are blocking some PN address ranges. If so, that is an issue for PN, to make sure their addresses are taken off the block list.

I am reliant on Microsoft services so if this keeps happening without a resolution I would have to move providers pretty quickly.
roverpoulter

Update - As of 14:30 on 19/10/20 the issue seems to have resolved itself for me (and I had not done any restarting as was working through a VPN). Decided to come off the VPN and re-try and lo and behold I am able to connect again to Microsoft services.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Anyone else still experiencing difficulties?

If you are, it would be very helpful if you could try running a brief Wireshark capture during an attempt to access one of the Microsoft resources you're struggling with.

Requires a modicum of technical capability, but happy to provide some guidance if needs be.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

robfowell

Something has been changed in the last 2 hours because all of my devices are now working as expected whereas they certainly weren’t this morning. Thanks to anyone involved in resolving!

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hi all, 

We think we worked out what was happening here.  Some internet addressing issues out on the internet.  Microsoft have dealt with it so it should be working now.  Please yell up if you see it returning.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
roverpoulter

Hi @Kelly  Thanks for the update. Do you think it would be an idea for this issue to be added to a knowledge base for your customer support colleagues online and on the phone?

If you are posting and searching on a forum for a fix, you probably have a modicum of technical knowledge or know that something is not right. These are the minority - there are probably thousands more out there unable to fathom what is going on and unable to explain the issue to first line customer services, who also don't know what to do so don't see an issue and tell the customer to look elsewhere for the problem.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

This was a tricky one to work out.  I'm not surprised our agents struggled to diagnose to be honest!  I'll have a chat with @PaulScott later this week about it.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Yep, should be sorted now.

Wasn't strictly an issue at our side. Somebody somewhere was advertising these subnets when they shouldn't have been Wink

Thanks to everyone for reporting.

Edit: missed Kelly's reply confirming the same 🙄

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

albertofrog

Thanks for the update! 👍