cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultrafast fibre Availability

Hooked

Ultrafast fibre Availability

Hi all,

A contractor for BT is currently installing new fibre lines to the pole at the end of my garden in preparation for switching on the Ultrafast service at the start of next year. 

I know it's been mentioned in the past that Plusnet was not supporting this product however has this stance changed any?
I'm still in contract for another year and would be hoping to upgrade to the faster service as soon as it's available. 

Cheers

N

3 REPLIES 3
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Ultrafast fibre Availability

@nabs  Plusnet do not offer any FTTP fibre products and will not say if they will anytime soon so if you want Ultrafast you will have to leave Plusnet at the end of your contact or else pay early termination charges.

Hooked

Hi @RealAleMadrid

Thanks for the response, it was the answer I was expecting to be honest.
It'll be a shame to leave after being a customer for so many years but if there but going to keep up with the latest technology then it's going to leave customers very little choice.
Thanks again
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Openreach have also been usy in my area  installing fttp, theyve been at it since May, still no sign of activation, so i wouldnt hold your breath for now at least.

How fast is  Ultrafast?  it all can get confusing with different companies calling things by different names , do ou mean fibre?

I'm on plusnet Fibre, yet theres no sign of fibre cables entering the premises, just the standard copper, are plusnet mis- selling a product for somethig  it is not ?