cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra slow since upgrading to unlimited fibre extra.

fd3ss
Hooked

Ultra slow since upgrading to unlimited fibre extra.

As the title, prior to upgrading I had a fast reliable connection. I recently accepted the unlimited fibre extra upgrade and since it came into effect I'm literally only getting 3mbps speed compared to the 50 I was getting before.

Nothing has changed in setup, so not sure what it could be. I have a draytek vigour 8650 ac. It's plugged directly into my bt master socket, via rj11 cable. No filter as the master socket has independent phone, Internet ports.

I tried to re setup my router but never made a difference, I'm assuming it's a setting or something I'm missing in the setup. Any help would be great.
11 REPLIES 11
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Ultra slow since upgrading to unlimited fibre extra.

Hi @fd3ss, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues as of recent. I can confirm when looking over your connection from this side currently I can certainly see something looks to be out of place somehow as we're only seeing 14.3Mbps download reaching your router. I'd advise then, raising a fault so we can look to investigate this further for you at: faults.plus.net
Feel free to give us a nudge on here once you've done this and we'll happily pick up and progress this further for you.

fd3ss
Hooked

Thanks BD, I've completed the fault report link and submitted it, I shall await a response from one of the team. Thanks.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @fd3ss, thanks for getting back to me. I've updated the fault on your account and this requires your attention so we can raise this with our suppliers and get an engineer out to investigate further.
The fault can be seen and commented on here:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=218564305

Again, please give us a nudge once doing this and we'll happily pick up and progress this further for you.

fd3ss
Hooked

Thanks BD, ,I've responded to the ticket and also attached a copy of the speed test conducted hardwired to the router, 9mbps lol. Hoping an engineer visit can resolve this issue. Will await a response regarding which day the engineer will.come out. Thank you.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @fd3ss, thanks for getting back to me and confirming you've updated the ticket further. I've progressed the fault further for you and have booked and engineer for the earliest of your availability to come and investigate further.
I've updating your fault ticket with the details on when the visit will be which can be seen here:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=218564305

Please let us know how the visit goes and how the connection is looking there after.

fd3ss
Hooked

Many thanks bd, do I have to do anything to confirm the visit day or is that date already confirmed and arranged? Thank you.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You're very welcome @fd3ss. That appointment is booked in and confirmed for you however should you need this adjusting then please let us know. Hopefully your speeds are looking back to normal come Monday evening but if not then we're here to help.

fd3ss
Hooked

Thanks BD, I shall await his visit. Don't know if it's worth mentioning, yesterday when I done the advised troubleshooting and checklist everything checked out and was OK. Today I had a call from the bank and I could hear faint crackling on the line, never heard it before...it didn't seem loud or obvious but I did notice it, thought it was worth mentioning incase it's useful for you and the engineer. Thank you
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @fd3ss,

It's definitely worth keeping an eye on and would be worth mentioning to the engineer when they arrive at the property. As for right now though, the best thing we can do is wait and see what the outcome of the appointment is and move forward from there.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
fd3ss
Hooked

Hello,

Just wanted to update the post, engineer just left. Turns out the wire at the pole was corroded badly, to the point he literally pulled it and it broke off. Re terminated and now the Internet is back to normal, 68mbps hard wired. 61 wireless. Thank you for all your help. You can close this thread, problem solved Smiley
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

OH great stuff @fd3ss

Thanks a lot for letting us know, I've escalated the Ticket to you, so if you have any further issues within the next 14 days, feel free to comment on it and it'll return to our Technical Support Team. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds