Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA IP's still...

thedyes0
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

USA IP's still...

Hi,
I keep still getting USA listed IP's, on games like UT2004 it happens pretty much all the time, on Teamspeak, Ventrillo and various websites (Paddypower.com)
Also even on my own website, my host (or cpanel) thinks my IP is from the US:
This notice is the result of a request made by a computer with the IP address of “146.199.209.***” through the “fullbackup” service on the server.
A reverse DNS lookup on the remote IP address returned the host name “206.209.199.***.dyn.plus.net”.
The remote computer’s location appears to be: United States (US).
The remote computer’s IP address is assigned to the provider: “INFONET Services Corporation”
This notice was generated on “Thursday, September 24, 2015” at “1:31:04 PM UTC”.
I can't find the thread about it so I can't post it in the USA IP thread.
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: USA IP's still...

Are you seeing any problems when getting one of these IP addresses? Being assigned one isn't an issue, as has been discussed in the ongoing thread about this some places will still show these as US IPs.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

This is the thread.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130918.256.html
And being assigned one of these IP's can be a issue, it caused me lots of problems with voip.
ChrisWoods
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Weird, looks like BT corporate ranges they've reassigned for UK broadband use and haven't done the requisite housekeeping to get third party geoIP databases updated.
All "US" plusnet customers, enjoy Hulu while you have it Wink