cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Broadband PlusNet vs Zen

Jinesh

UK Broadband PlusNet vs Zen

Hello everyone,,

So, we`re moving to new property, we had Virgin in our flat, which was perfect for us, but now there`s going to be only BT line. So after long research I came down to either PlusNet or Zen(Both 40 mb speeds). PlusNet would be cheaper - 24 PlusNet vs 32 Zen. As well, you`re getting cashback for PLusNet and there`s no activation fee. Now, I would`ve gone to Zen even if it`s slightly more expensive and has much better router and I`ve read so much positive reviews and comments for Zen that you can expect stable connection with them and reliable speeds. The thing is, I`ve checked on samknows website that they don`t have their LLU at my exchange(It`s few miles from my property, btw). So would there REALLY be any difference as both providers would resell BT line for me? I work from home, so I would need stable connection all the time. Maybe I should go for Zen because of the router they provide? Or PlusNet woul do the thing perfectly???

2 REPLIES 2
stewakeman
Grafter

Re: UK Broadband PlusNet vs Zen

I am with Zen now but was with PN for over 3 years and was very happy with PN. The router from Zen is miles better, but you can buy a decent DSL modem router and replace the crappy one PN supply you with anyway.

Never had cause to contact tech support with PN. With Zen you also get a static IP and price fix for as long as you keep the contract. Admittedly PN are cheap and have only put up monthly prices by small amounts each year. So it probably depends on the price.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: UK Broadband PlusNet vs Zen

@Jinesh 

The connection will probably be the same. Ths major difference will be with respect to customer service. This is currently probably rated around dreadful to hardly in existence for Plusnet. I only know of Zen's reputation, which is much better.

If you are lucky the Plusnet billing system will work for you and your connection will be stable. In this case you do not require to contact customer services and all is well with the world. If you have any problems you may well wish that you had spent the extra and gone to Zen.

So the question has to be whether Zen's alleged better customer service should things go wrong is worth the £100+ per year cost or whether to take the risk.  You can sort the router problem out by spending abour £20 on a Smarthub 6 so this factor is really lost in the noise.

The choice is yours!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'