cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two weeks after upgrade to fibre, still on old speed

Lucyspop

Two weeks after upgrade to fibre, still on old speed

Two weeks after upgrade to fibre, I'm still on the old speed.
Estimated line speed:
40Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2015-10-23 22:48:55
Current line speed:
6.9 Mb
I have a call logged through the member centre (#113116333) but no one is responding. Is it OK to try to get some help through the forums?
..Mike
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Two weeks after upgrade to fibre, still on old speed

Indeed you can but while you are waiting can you report the IP profile from http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do (ignore the speed test result as that is garbage)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I've just updated that for you now.
If you log into your router and disconnect then reconnect you'll pick the new profile up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Lucyspop

Brilliant - fixed! [Though when I tried to post this reply I lost the internet and the router internet status was 'disconnected'. Repeated attempts clicking on Connect flashed up an unreadable message. Eventually it succeeded. I hope this is a one-off!]
Estimated line speed:
40Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2015-10-23 22:48:55
Current line speed:
37 Mb
All I need now is to see whether my switch from BT phone to a PlusNet phone package materializes. (ordered at the same time as the broadband upgrade) ...
Many thanks. In future I'll post issues to the forum!
..mike
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it's done the trick.
You should have a update on the phone order shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Lucyspop

Thank you.