cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv internet services suddenly started to pixelate

danhawkes

Tv internet services suddenly started to pixelate

Hi all
I have had fibre service plugged into Samsung smart tv via ethernet for nearly a year now. This week however, i have noticed that the internet channels, netflix, iplayer etc are all starting to ghost and pixelate. Its not unwatchable but really annoying. The tv works fine using aerial and i am still getting a high connection speed.
Any ideas would be much appreciated
Cheers
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Tv internet services suddenly started to pixelate

Your line isn't disconnecting much, so that's not a cause:

Your line speed is fine (as you mentioned) too, so that's not a cause.
Do you have any issues using other online services, maybe via a computer or are they fine?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
danhawkes

Thanks for quick response! Yeh everything is fine otherwise. Only started happening this week. I tried watching via laptop and same thing happens so I don't think it's the TV either. Really frustrating! The faster paced sequences seem worse, like an action scene or formula one. Would imply low speed but obviously that doesn't seem the case! Anything else I should try? Cheers
lenny
Grafter

Have you checked if the tv has an update for the firmware or the apps on the tv
danhawkes

Yes all up to date. As I say, the same happens on laptop. I've also just found that iPhone apps are not downloading. Could this be linked?
Could router be faulty?
mlmclaren
Grafter

this is probably linked to issues on Plusnet's network...
specially the iPhone App Stores issues... I have a Sonos sound system and find it very hard to stream all radio stations this week, keep dropping out. this is just one of the issues I have with my service...
Browsing also very sluggish, If you are using a router and separate modem, I recommend restarting router so that you get connected to a different part of Plusnet's network, this has a small chance of correcting the issue but can vary day to day... have fun  Shocked
For more info on the issues at Plusnet see here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140851.0.html theres some posts towards the end from Plusnet representatives confirming there is issues but they are still no closer to solving them.
danhawkes

Thanks for your help. Just strange as been perfect until this week Sad
danhawkes

plusnet have now run some tests and they have found a problem with copper wire near my house. sending an engineer out. So glad they have found somethin and i dont have to argue with them!
thanks for all your help guys
mlmclaren
Grafter

OK give us an update won't you Smiley