cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn my interleave off

WWWombat
Grafter

Re: Turn my interleave off

In 2011, when they modified my line from 40/2 to 40/10, it did indeed reset DLM. My line behaviour returned to the pre-intervention state (which was incurring 4% packet loss), so DLM re-intervened after another couple of days.
However, I think modifications are charged-for, and that's before the risk of incurring minimum-period charges at BTW/BTO.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: WWWombat
However, I think modifications are charged-for, and that's before the risk of incurring minimum-period charges at BTW/BTO.

They may well make a charge, but they BTOR no longer have a min term of 12mths as it's now a 1 month min term  they changed this earlier on this year along with reducing the charges to ISP's for FTTC to FTTC migrations in that they now charge the ISP £11.??
So ISP's IMO no longer have the excuses for insisting on long 18/24month min term contracts or hefty connection / install charges or both
I hope that ISP's will start to offer  short term contracts of FTTC ideally a 1 month rolling contract without connection fee  for those  who had FTTC for over 12months previously with another ISP that chose to migrate  just as they do for ADSL
Razorback
Grafter

Quote from: deathtrap
So ISP's IMO no longer have the excuses for insisting on long 18/24month min term contracts

They do if they want to continue letting new customers have a substantial discount (free) for the first few months.
Moving to 1 month contracts may push up the initial charges to customers.
AndyH
Grafter

Also, the line rental subsidises some of the broadband cost - so 1 month contracts are likely to be quite a bit more expensive.