cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to use an other wireless router - help needed

Scapegoat

Trying to use an other wireless router - help needed

On a wired connection I seem to get reasonable performance (though it does vary depending on the time of day and especially in Lockdown).

However Wifi connections are flakey at best - often its easier to turn off Wifi and use 4G on our phones / tablets - and a router re-start is required on a frequent basis (a couple of times a week at least) to get other devices to work at times.

So I thought I would try my own Wifi router and just use the Plusnet as a modem.

However I cannot get the router to connect to internet when I enter the PPPoE details.

It simple asks for a username and password - I have used my details I use to logon to the Plusnet account on the web without success, and then I have down the same but add @Pluses.net to the end of my username and still no joy.

The router is a TP-Link Archer VR200 if that helps.

2 REPLIES 2
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: Trying to use an other wireless router - help needed

The username should be yourusername@plusdsl.net 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Trying to use an other wireless router - help needed

@Scapegoat  So I thought I would try my own Wifi router and just use the Plusnet as a modem.

The bad news, You cant use the Plusnet Hub one as just a modem.

The good news, the Vr200 has its own modem, and can completely replace the Hub one.

Factory reset it, use the Quickinstall guide , select PlusNet_vdsl from the ISP list and enter your username and password. I guess your initial post has a typo but as @DaveyH   says , the username should be followed by @plusdsl.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.