cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to order Fibre.. help!

Agrajag
Grafter

Trying to order Fibre.. help!

Our FTTC going live this week... BT customers and Sky customers on our estate (same Cab)  ordering fine for 30 June onwards installation... Tried phoning PlusNet for order but cannot... Why can Sky, BT Retail customers order but not PlusNet ones?
Admittedly BT wholesale site does not state it is live - but surely all ISPs are equal...?
Andy
32 REPLIES 32
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Trying to order Fibre.. help!

Which cabinet/exchange is this?
The DSL Checker (BT Wholesale) is essentially bulk data direct from Openreach - so it's the same information that Sky/BT Retail use. It does take a few days after a cabinet goes live before it appears on the DSL Checker.
Have you tried placing an dummy order online with say BT Retail to see what happens? If the cabinet isn't live, you shouldn't be able to order.
Agrajag
Grafter

Exactly.
It is Wolverton Cabinet 46. The cabinet is NOT live yet as far as I know but it is due to be live by the end of the month.
However, it appears that BT retail and Sky broadband users are upgrading online. If you try to go via their new customer sign up - you are correct it uses the OR data and says not available. But something is allowing these users to upgrade online, and (in the case of BT retail) giving installation dates starting 30th June...
I know this as everyone is posting to our local facebook page - letting everyone know their proposed install date... Even more amusingly someone has now posted they have ordered via PlusNet!

AndyH
Grafter

The cabinet is live.
Can you try here https://portal.plus.net/upgrade_process.html to see if you can upgrade online?
Edit: I should add that if you want to get some kind of upgrade deal, you'll need to speak to the Customer Options team unfortunately. I'm not sure why they told you that you couldn't order though.
Agrajag
Grafter

Nope that upgrade link does not work for me - at  least I cannot see an option for fibre...
Andy
AndyH
Grafter

Can you post the results from the DSL Checker for your line http://www.dslchecker.bt.com (omitting your phone number when you post it)?
Can you also try the DSL Checker with your address to see if the result is different or the same?
Agrajag
Grafter

Exchange WOLVERTON is served by Cabinet 46 Featured Products
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2.5 -- 1 to 4 Available
ADSL Max Up to 2 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available

So it is not showing FTTC available. But others are ordering - including PlusNet people...?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Off Topic
Yippee
Just checked my phone number and fibre is available  Grin Grin Grin
Sorry
AndyH
Grafter

How far do you live from the cab (it is here - https://www.google.cz/maps/@52.070014,-0.7773,3a,90y,329.54h,71.9t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKBqbto66s7TSz...
It's either going to be a database issue or you might live too far for FTTC.
Can you try your address here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Address?URL=&SP_NAME=a%20service%20provider&VERSION=3... ? What does it say? Can you try some neighbours addresses also to see if they can get it and their estimated speeds?
Agrajag
Grafter

Yay!
Lucky you 😉 Now, back on topic...
Just checked and the others that have ordered are also on Cab 46 - this makes no sense...
AndyH
Grafter

Can you try the addresses (yours/neighbours) and let me know what it says?
Agrajag
Grafter

Okay parents on the same cabinet - but further away (we are 45M) from cabinet! - are showing FTTC available...
It seems it is the postcode - but I would have thought the phone number would be the most important key...!
AndyH
Grafter

Is it a new number/address/recently moved?
What does the address checker show for your property? The same?
Agrajag
Grafter

no been here for 4 years so have they...
address checker the same as phone... it seems... very weird...
AndyH
Grafter

Plusnet need to raise it with their suppliers. It sounds like a database issue to me.