cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering from ASDL to Fibre broadband

malcolmm

Transfering from ASDL to Fibre broadband

I currently have the "normal" ASDL Plusnet internet broadband through the phone line, but am now considering upgrading to Fibre with Plusnet. However, would it involve an Engineer having to visit or can i just set up the new router?  

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Transfering from ASDL to Fibre broadband

@malcolmm  Welcome to the forum.

No visit is required at your end, you may just need to swap your hub for a new one. All the work is done in your local street cabinet.

Don’t forget to ask for a new Hub Two whilst you have the chance.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@malcolmm Welcome to the forums. If you move from ADSL to FTTC, you will need a new modem/router (which PN will supply), and BTOR will need to connect your circuit to the Fibre cabinet. It is unlikely BTOR would need to visit you, and you can set up the new Hub as soon as you receive it. However, your connection would not instantly become FTTC - that requires BTOR to physically move the connection to to the VDSL box.

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@malcolmm 

If you upgrade to FTTC then PlusNet should send you a new HubTwo - this can be plugged in immediately as it works with ADSL. Note your wireless SSID will have changed so work is required to reconnect all your devices.

Normally an OR engineer doesn't need to visit your property unless they find a problem which they need to fix. On the day your internet will go off for a while when they make the new connection at the Cabinet. Once done they notifiy PlusNet the work is complete who then "flick a swicth" to turn your upgrade on.

Brian