cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training period for Fibre

rubble3
Grafter

Training period for Fibre

I have just (yesterday) migrated from BT infinity2 fibre to Plusnet Fibre extra, I am using the same line (obviously) and am using the BT HH5 as my router.
I am getting speeds of 37/2 against yesterday with BT of 63/18. I have raised this with tech support but they say that there is nothing they can do within the first 10 days due to the new line 'training'. They told me to monitor the speed for next 10 days then call back if no improvement.
I am ok doing this but in the circumstances (same line, same router) I can't help feeling that this line training is a bit of a red herring and that come 10 days time I will calling them back to report no change in line speeds.
Is the training a likely cause of this situation do you think?
13 REPLIES 13
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Training period for Fibre

I've fed that back as your on the wrong product and it's nothing to do with a training period.
A order has been placed to sort this and will complete tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rubble3
Grafter

Thanks for the speedy reply Mathew, I have to say though that twice today I have been assured that I am on the Unlimited Fibre Extra service so I am a bit confused as to how this situation has arisen.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The product on our end is correct however when the order was placed on our suppliers systems the wrong option was chosen.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rubble3
Grafter

OK, Good job I posted on here then otherwise I would have been waiting 10 days for nothing to happen as I suggested in the first post
rubble3
Grafter

As of this morning I am now on the unlimited Fibre Extra service as promised yesterday (Thanks Mathew).
Have to say though that although my upload speed has increased back to the sort of level I enjoyed before my switch to Plusnet, my download speed is still disappointingly  low.
Readings I am now getting are 36.5/18.32.
Will this increase with time or does it require some further investigation?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Sounds like your PlusNet profile hasn't adjusted yet to the change to 80/20. Hopefully Matthew will see your post and correct that...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@rubble3
Can you test it again in a few minutes?
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rubble3
Grafter

Mathew, thanks for all your help - now getting 68.75/18.84 , excellent.
All I need to do now is progress my order for Plusnet TV
Nobody
Community Veteran

I was connected to Fibre Extra on the same day as you, rubble3, but I'm still stuck on 40/20.  Wished my issue was sorted as quickly as yours.
rubble3
Grafter

Nobody,
Have you raised the issue on here or just via Customer Services? As you can see from this thread if I had followed the advice given by CS then I would be sitting here for the next 10 days waiting for the speed to increase.
I found this when I was on BT as well, if you have any problems - bypass Customer Services and get it sorted via Forum moderators.
Good luck
Nobody
Community Veteran

@rubble3
Yes, I raised the issue here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143615.0.html
I've also contacted CS 3 times through chat, and awaiting a response from a ticket  I raised on 10th September.
deathtrap
Grafter

@ rubble3 What Matthew didn't say is that there is no training period on FTTC the 10 day thing is for ADSL only , whether or not some PN staff are deliberately misleading customers in a bid to ease their work load  or they are giving out this incorrect info due to their lack of training/knowledge of the products i simply don't know,i have encountered something similar in the past, i couldn't help but correct them politely

Plusnet aren't alone either, my advice to CS staff is this if you aren't sure then find and ask someone who does know about  what ever the issue is, instead of just trying to bs your way through it,  
If i rang  support  re something technical  i would sooner that they give an honest answer even if that is i'm sorry but i don't know, can you please hold whilst i attempt to find the info you want, than say some rubbish just to get me off the line
rubble3
Grafter

As a long time BT customer I have learned from bitter experience to try and by-pass Customer Services whenever possible. I have always found better and quicker solutions to problems by posting on the relevant forum and putting my trust in forum moderators