cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of service

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Total loss of service

Following some excavation work in the road outside we have lost both broadband and phone service. The fault is being progressed through the PN systems and an engineer confirmed the cable fault. All fine and good but left us with some questions:

1. Who in PN do we contact to suspend our payments, as the remedial works are likely to take some time.

2. Much as I deplore the compensation culture in this country, how do we go about getting some compensation for the lack of service?

3. This message brought to you through a tethered iphone which has seen better days, and at some cost for the use of the 3g network.

4. Finally - apologies if there is a more appropriate board for this kind of issue!

11 REPLIES 11
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Total loss of service

@mechanic123  Plusnet will not suspend your payments but hopefully sort out the mess when the service is restored, You may get compensation of about £5 a day while you have no service.

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

OK thanks, although £5 a day doesn't sound very generous. It's costing me more than that to make alternative arrangements for email & broadband service, no alternative for phone landline (my only iphone is rubbish). I know Plusnet is a cheap and cheerful business, but serious rethink is due at next renew time.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @mechanic123

Sorry to hear about the fault on your line, in regards to our compensation scheme, the previous post is correct, but the time starts two days after the fault was initially raised to our suppliers, so in your case, 02/12/2021. The £5.00 per day also includes any further purchases you need to make for mobile data in the meantime while the fault is being investigated / resolved. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Thanks , adam945, for that information. What do I have to do to claim these payments?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Nothing @mechanic123 Smiley

I've just popped a note on the open ticket so once the fault has been resolved, one of my colleagues should read it and apply the credit based on the length of time you've had with no service.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Let's note, this is a 'fix' for the payments/compensation isse NOT a 'fix' for the 'Total Loss of Service' that is the titile of this thread!

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

@mechanic123 wrote:

Let's note, this is a 'fix' for the payments/compensation isse NOT a 'fix' for the 'Total Loss of Service' that is the titile of this thread!

Can't find an 'edit' option but I managed to unselect the 'fix' as that label seems to be confusing.

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Well this is day 11 with no service and no Openreach vans to be seen in the street! This is well beyond acceptable service.

[Edit:typos}

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @mechanic123

I'm really sorry to see your service still isn't working.

From what I can see this is with our suppliers contractors to dig the ground up and carry out ducting work. We've been given an estimated resolution date of by 21st December which is based around various factors including contractor availability.

While I appreciate the frustration and the inconvenience, I'm afraid there's nothing further we can do to push for a quicker fix as the fault is in hand with the right people and we don't manage our suppliers work or how they allocate jobs. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Day 19 and progress!

Yesterday pm and the local Openreach civils team dug into the tarmac to expose a mangled small feeder cable that is apparently wire armoured but still bent and twisted enough to cause breaks when attacked by the Fibrus digger. This a.m. a jointing team arrived, apparenty the civills are not allowed to join cables (I thought they were crimped connections, not nearly as hard to join as fibre, some thought on skll sharing needed there!). After a few hours wait the phone rang announcing we had been reconnected!

So thanks to all PN, BT-OR teams and others who helped us get back on air!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm glad to see the engineers efforts have finally got you back up and running. I can see a faults adviser's currently looking at the ticket 220126693 so they'll follow up with you shortly in regards to your complaint. 

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with in the meantime.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet