Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of Fibre

skimarqueshc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Total loss of Fibre

Since 1700 I have experienced loss of Fibre on my line intermittantly, my Hub One has been online and I have rebooted it once  during this period but I have a Meraki Firewall off the Hub One and since 1700 I have noticed high packet loss including periods of 100% total loss.

Can someone look into this for me please

5 REPLIES 5
Mackem1973
Grafter

Re: Total loss of Fibre

Having the same problem for the last 30 mins keep losing connection only let me use certain pages ? anyone know whats going on ?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@skimarqueshc Sorry to hear this.

I can see you spoke with a advisor yesterday evening who resolved this for you

Are you still having issues?

@Mackem1973 Sorry to hear you're also having issues.

I've tested your line and I can't see any cause for this.

Are you still having this issue today?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mackem1973
Grafter

Hi yes i still have the same issue as a matter of fact i lost my connection only 5 mins ago for 2-3 mins and when it comes back its slow. 

ceebee

I'm having the same problem this week - broadband goes down intermittently between 9-11pm for a few minutes at a time, and I notice a slowdown during the afternoon. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Mackem1973, I'm sorry for the issues you are having. Though your connection this side looks to be relatively stable, I have tested the line again today and it does look like the VLAN you are currently connected to is experiencing some congestion, likely causing your issues.

I have raised this as a fault to our suppliers and they are going to pass this to the complex faults team to review and see if they can get you moved to a cooler VLAN, we should have an update within the next 48 hours. I've created a fault ticket here so our faults team can pick this up and monitor, if you haven't had an update after 48 hours though feel free to let us know on here and we can chase it up.

Hi @ceebee, I'm sorry that you're having issues, I can certainly see you are experiencing frequent drops. I have tested your line which has located a potential fault in the network. So we can progress this for you, please can you first have a run through our troubleshooting guides here and get the router connected to the test socket (I'd also leave it connected this way for the meantime).

Once you've completed these checks, please raise a fault to us here so that we can raise this to our suppliers for you. When raising the fault, please can you also add some availability for an engineer to visit (as is likely our supplier will request we book an appointment), engineer appointments are available Monday - Friday and the timeslots are either 8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm. If you could add a few possible slots you could be available for, that would be great.

If you let us know once this is done, we'll pick it up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team