cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Lack of Customer Service

Haybasha
Rising Star

Re: Total Lack of Customer Service

And PlusNet are still adamant I have no problem........... what a total joke! Thankfully one more week and I'm out of here hopefully.

Today I got up to this:

Dewi34
Hooked

Openreach are totally unfit for purpose.

After two visits (paid for by PN) they concluded that the problem is due to the outdated local infrastructure and will get worse as there is more take-up. They appear to have no plans to remedy the situation and are in the process of downgrading my line rating.

It's a racket. BTW quote a capability for the line, the ISP then sells a service based on that quote and then has to pay when they can't deliver. It's like paying a shark car dealer to confirm that he sold you a piece of junk.

Nice little earner and no incentive for BT to remedy the situation, so it will only get worse.

Haybasha
Rising Star

Totally agree and just to prove this look at the below DSL Checker results taken over the last few months, you can plainly see the connection rates being eroded. My upload doesn't meet the FTTC B Impacted Low on even the best of these!

zishan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Dewi34 I was told by engineer that more people on the cabinet will mean that my line stats will be lower, and no sign of upgrading, engineer flogged me of with money related and not beneficial for BT to upgrade in my area. Big Scam I agree

Haybasha
Rising Star

Woohoo, the latest from PlusNet today is they have raised a fault with their suppliers.

Well doesn't that fill me with confidence especially as it's only taken since the 11th July on this ticket to get to this stage and prior to that since early February.

The funniest part of this is I'm thankfully leaving this shoddy network tomorrow as I have Virgin Media booked and there are tickets confirming my cancellation, you really couldn't make it up!

Plusnet can anyone at your end do joined up writing yet? I stand by my thread title and pity the poor customers who are expecting a quick resolution (or even a response for that matter) on the network issues.

Dewi34
Hooked

Shame you felt the need to revert to abuse.

The problem is with the system, not with the individuals.

Yes, the network is [starts with sh and rhymes with bite], but it's really out of their hands.

Haybasha
Rising Star

Abuse? I don't see anything abusive in my post especially to any individual. I'm stating facts and no it's not out of their hands, they have an obligation as my point of contact to correct things for me the paying customer. They failed at every stage and to all accounts still are failing looking at posts in here, simple really.

I suppose you also think the problems in Nazi Germany where also just systematic rather than being driven by individuals?

Regardless don't you think having a total lack of any reasonable customer support for 7 months is abuse?

IMHO it's quite plain to see the degradation in PlusNet since BT took them over.

thejays16

This doesn't fill me with confidence 😕 after been with virgin for three years they have provided us with super fast fibre, that had only gone down once, there customer service is brilliant and unfortunately they don't supply our area Sad we moved to plus net to save the mess about when moving as the previous tenants used them, I got it all set up And six weeks later and a disconnected phone line(which wasn't suppose to happen) I'm sat waiting for the engineer this morning between 8am-1pm.... Just over a hour left now and I've got a feeling there not Guna come, we've had no updates no nothing....
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)

I've removed a couple of posts which were off topic.

Can we keep this discussion civilised please.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Haybasha
Rising Star

I'm now free from Openreach and all set up with my new provider which I'm happy to say went to plan and was professionally carried out.

No more issues with gateway hopping, terrible speeds both up and down and my ping is now 1/3 of what it was on Plusnet, even my telephone line is far clearer now, goodbye and best of luck to everyone.

asdfghjkl
Grafter

Glad you got it sorted mate.  Can you tell us who you switched to or is that not allowed here?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

A 'new' supplier Wink

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Haybasha
Rising Star

Take a look further up this thread Smiley

Currently getting 106Mbps (more than 2.5x PlusNet) down 6.3Mbps (2x PlusNet) up and a ping of 14ms (40ms+ on PlusNet).

I've also noticed that my son has now stopped complaining he can't get onto gaming servers e.g. DOOM etc.

It's costing me some £8 a month more but well worth it.

I'd also add that the speeds were not my main reason for leaving, the problem I, like a growing number in here, had was the slow or total lack of any support from Plusnet I was getting once Openreach decided they could do no more after Openreach themselves destroyed my connection.

As an Engineer myself I'd always say every issue can be resolved, "Were there's a will there's a way!".

From Openreach's perspective it seems to be "Were there's a way which will cost us money stuff the paying customer!".

jordanc1230
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Haybasha I don't think it's all openreach's fault. Part of the problem is BT Group are taking all of the money Openreach get from providers and keeping it for investors/elsewhere in the BT Group. It's another reason why Openreach should be separated from BT altogether so it can have full control over the money it get's and then can actually start investing in the network.

Haybasha
Rising Star

Whilst I agree with you to some extent in my experience the dozens of so called "Engineers" Openreach have sent out to me are either untrained, lazy or just plain incompetent. Maybe I've just been unlucky, regardless they are far from being Engineers.

Granted two of these three scenarios could be money related but when you get their staff turning up with test equipment that blatantly does not work and they agree when you point it out then they still carry on using it you have to wonder.

Still not my problem any more as I'm lucky enough to now have choice, it's not good for the customer when you don't have competition.