cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Lack of Customer Service

Haybasha
Rising Star

Total Lack of Customer Service

After updating my ticket 129330100 on Monday 8th August 2016 and having had several chats with your pointless advisors, the last being some 5 minutes ago I still have no response to my last ticket update.

That's over 6 days, so much for 72 hours!

PlusNet used to have great service, you now suffer from the same issues that BT have, you fob people off and your chat advisors are just a first line of defence with no knowledge at all.

I've had abysmal service from PlusNet for the last 7 months with no end in sight.

I'd appreciate it if one of the more knowledgeable staff members who frequent this forum would please look into the above ticket for me.

31 REPLIES 31
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Total Lack of Customer Service

Hi and sorry to hear about the issue. I can see we've responded to the ticket since and that you've been in dialogue with us about that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Haybasha
Rising Star

Hi Adam,

Yes and to be quite frank advising there is no more you can do is totally unacceptable. This is a new issue and regardless of the issues I've suffered over the last 7 months due to the incompetence of Openreach and PlusNet's reluctance to reign them in I expect this to be sorted out.

My download (down 2Mbps) and upload speeds (down 0.8Mbps and some 1.8Mbps lower than the FTTC A Low level for my line) have dropped yet again, my ping has increased (up over 10ms) and my SNRM (sudden step changes of 0.6dB and as shown in my ticket sometimes suddenly dropping 2.5dB) is all over the place.

As said in my ticket there is always a way to fix things, you just need the will to do so.

Haybasha
Rising Star

Well a new record today, my upload speed is now actually less than 4.5Mbps on an 80/20 service. The low end of the FTTC A band for my line is 7Mbps and when I first signed up was getting around 9.5Mbps to 10Mbps. All with no errors on the upstream and zero INP.

My download has an actual throughput of 37Mbps when my connection rate is 44.6Mbps, again this used to be 49-50Mbps which is in line with my current max attainable of 50Mbps. INP has always been at 3 on my line now it has increased to 4.

Telling me there is nothing more you or Openreach can/or will do is totally unacceptable as my service is diminishing on a daily/weekly basis, at this rate by Christmas I might as well get my 56k modem out of the loft!

Haybasha
Rising Star

Well it's now a further week on from the last ticket update from PlusNet and after posting several pieces of evidence for the reduced service I have had no further response to my ticket yet again.

The last response being that "you can't support me further on this issue", FURTHER? That implies you already have supported me, you haven't supported me at all as already said this is a new issue!

Are Plusnet telling me that regardless of any issue I may have with this service (Hahahaha!) you will not provide support at all now?

Haybasha
Rising Star

So the latest response from PlusNet today:

Dear Mr XXXX,
Thank you for getting back to us.
I have reviewed your query but can see that the problems you have described are also those listed on the original complaints ticket. As that issue has already been thoroughly investigated by our suppliers we are unable to report that same issues back to them again.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
XXXXX

Are you serious? So should a paying client have a fault which progressively gets worse and Openreach are too incompetent to fix the issues they caused in the first instance you just stop providing support now? Is this correct?

As already pointed out my issue is getting worse and PlusNet are not willing/incapable of getting Openreach to fix problems of their own making.

To reiterate:
Upload speed is over 2.5Mbps below the FTTC A Low level of 7.0Mbps for my line (this is the lowest it has ever been)
INP increased from 3.0 to 4.0
Ping increased some 10ms

After an initial happy 18 months with PlusNet, since re-contracting at the end of last year I've had nothing but problematic connections and at best terrible service, thankfully I'm not in contract with you though.
Haybasha
Rising Star

Just carried out another BTW Speedtest and my download has increased but my upload is now 3.63Mbps, that's some 3.37Mbps lower than the FTTC A Low level of 7.0Mbps, some 51% less than the Low level for my line and actually less than the FTTC B Impacted Low level of 4.3Mbps.

Are PlusNet going to actually provide me with some support on this or not?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I suggest you follow the formal complaints procedure - link in my signature

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Haybasha
Rising Star

To be perfectly honest after some 10 months of issues and a refusal by both PlusNet and Openreach to correct the original issue I had plus fix the mess Openreach made of my line and as VM has just gone live today in my area I'm just going to ditch this and my telephone line and put it down to a very bad experience. I've had enough.

PlusNet - We'll do you!

Haybasha
Rising Star

Seems I've made the right decision is setting the wheels in motion to move on, the lack of any formal response to this thread or indeed my ticket speak volumes. 5 further days and still no response to my ticket, do you now have a formal procedure to totally ignore customers?

PlusNet: We'll do nothing at all!

Dewi34
Hooked

I have a similar thing going.

Opened a ticket on Thu 18th, No update to date despite a 45 min phonecall to them on the 25th. This is a repeat of a previous problem, where OR tested the line, which is perfect 99.9999% of the time, but he DLM keeps downspeeding it, so they just reset it.

They seem powerless to kick OpenReach into any serious action, so they're just passing on their grief to their customers. It seems pointless changing ISP as I'll still have the same line. Might just look for the lowest tariff and put up with a downgraded service.

Haybasha
Rising Star

Thankfully Virgin Media have just gone live in my street so it's good riddance to useless Openeach too for me.

This forum at present speaks volumes, just look at how many other paying customers are also complaining about the lack of support too.

If I was a betting man I'd say the drop in standards at PlusNet are a result of BT owning them, I was on Infinity originally and BT really are the worst of the worst.

Haybasha
Rising Star

Well a further 7 days now and still no reply from PlusNet.

My connection is now down to ADSL standards!

zishan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I contacted faults 11th August and they responded back 27th August, they didnt bother reading my questions and left message saying this will close 14 days, very very bad service, it was not like this when I joined 2012.

Haybasha
Rising Star

My current ticket was raised on 11th July and as yet I've had no response for some 9 days and no reasonable response at all.

Prior to this I had a ticket open for 6 months and after Openreach made matters far worse Plusnet threw the towl in and after much blood, sweat and tears on my part and letters to both Gavin Patterson and Andy Baker Plusnet offered me a futher discount and eventually also agreed to terminate my contract.

Don't they realise all I wanted was my connection working as it was prior to Openreach screwing it up further? Do they care? I'd say that is a resounding NO from the lack of response to my tickets or to this post.

Openreach have far too much power over FTTC and if their staff are not competent in what they do then tough on the paying customer.

No matter now as the only thing I need to deal with them or Openreach on again now is my final bill when I leave, which had better be correct!