cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Incompitence

Lightmedia

Total Incompitence

5 calls to Plusnet to confirm an activation of my fibre line and 5 people at Plusnet confirmed it would be up and running last Thursday evening, this was also confirmed by text from plusnet.

on there guarantee we ordered an IT engineer to come out on Friday to swap over the system as we are running on 4G at present, it didn't go live and we wasted £120

i then call the provisioning dept and spoke to [CSA Removed], she reeled of the same script as last week. I then spoke to [CSA Removed] the Manager, all they did was make excuses and cover each others mistakes. as for the £120 they didn't want to know, they said and i quote" you should have checked it was live first" [CSA Removed]that's what we did do and you confirmed it 5 times and by text.

the level of incompetency is unbelievable...............

its about time you took responsibility for your mistakes and not blame everyone else.(it was all BT's fault according to [CSA Removed])

we now have another completion date for tomorrow, lets see what happens then.

Higher Management, you need to address your teams incompetence and maybe do some staff training  

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA names removed as per Forum rules

5 REPLIES 5
birchdale28

Re: Total Incompitence

I can completely affirm about the incompetency by Plusnet. It took three weeks from the date I went live to actually get my Broadband up and running. I had three visits from BT Openreach engineers, numerous phone calls to Plusnet and it was the final BT engineer who found out that Plusnet had not set up the system correctly. I spent over £60 on mobile data and received the princely sum of £3.33 back from Plusnet. I was also offered three months free broadband as compensation but have been notified that my first bill is the full amount.I give up!

Lightmedia

I agree, they are totally frustrating, the blame everyone else but themselves. it's certainly not what they say on the adverts.................

don't spend your compensation all at once..

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Lightmedia wrote:

on there guarantee we ordered an IT engineer to come out on Friday to swap over the system as we are running on 4G at present, it didn't go live and we wasted £120

Yeah it's annoying and PN shouldn't be guaranteeing such things. But at the same time your IT engineer should have known better than to trust to an installation date involving openreach. Spending £120 on any kind of assumption is always dodgy but assuming that openreach will do what needs to be done by the date and time they agreed is especially foolhardy (for those with industry experience).

Lightmedia

Thank you for your wise words.......

firstly i dont have a contract with BT, i have it with Plusnet. who, how and what Plusnet do to enable or facilitate a line is of no concern to the client/end user.

when you have a verbal confirmation and a text confirming a live line, then how possibly can that be construed as not confirmed?

so wise one, let me ask you a question. 

how would your client know when the system was live, prior to arranging you as an IT engineer? (him not being a IT engineer and relying on the information from Plusnet)

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Well first off I've revised my response somewhat as I felt it was a bit too abrasive and unfair, so sorry about that.

I'd have hoped your engineer would wait until at least the day after installation then call Plusnet (or have you call them) to confirm that things looked good. That might still lead to them coming out and finding a problem but that's the sensible thing for a telecoms professional to do. In any situation where two or more companies are working on the same project and dependencies exist it's never wise to assume that everything will go smoothly especially if you've committed to payment.